BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny rear shock repositioner / spacers

More
03 Jan 2011 12:25 #8730 by supergaz
Just comparing rear shock repositioner / spacers, i cannot decide on Big Jimny, Jimny bits, or KAP. KAP are cheapest but do not come with any bolts. I either need to drill out my axle mounts and use long bolts with a nyloc nuts or find the correct bolts as i do not have them, im not sure on what size they are either?
Any views?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2011 12:47 #8732 by mlines
Not quite sure how you worked out that Kap is the cheapest. At £20 + VAT thats £24, without bolts and without P+P.

Remember that mine are offset, so you can adjust the angle of the shocks slightly to space them off the rear springs.

store.bigjimny.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=14

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: supergaz

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2011 13:47 #8737 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Jimny rear shock repositioner / spacers
Got mine from martin, good price and as he said gives you options on fitment angle.

Perfect :-)

• bertbuckie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2011 14:34 #8748 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: Jimny rear shock repositioner / spacers

biggaz wrote: Got mine from martin, good price and as he said gives you options on fitment angle.

Perfect :-)

I agree, I was looking and thought....well maybe I can get them cheaper ( not y much ), but any problems and im sure youd get 100% support here :)

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2011 15:35 #8754 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Jimny rear shock repositioner / spacers
yeh, im sure you would.

But the prices are all about the same but martins has a bit more flexibility with fitment aswell so its the best choice.

More
03 Jan 2011 15:52 #8759 by supergaz
Will get them from here, didnt think of postage, i like the off-set option.
I wish January wasn't such a long month! Got paid so early in December :(
Wont have my jimny on the road till at least July, so ive loads of time to fix it up.

• bryandenham
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2011 19:10 #8798 by bryandenham
Replied by bryandenham on topic Re: Jimny rear shock repositioner / spacers
quick tip. Put a series of shallow saw slots on the face that sits on the old mounting, it stops the fitment twisting under stress, works a treat !! Bry DB)

More
09 Jan 2011 16:12 #9175 by supergaz
Just ordered the rear shock brackets from Big Jimny, AS THIS SITE IS SO GOOD!, removed my shocks from a welded on stud which i yet have to grind off, and i have now to drill out the old bolt as it has obviously sheared on the previous owner. Im planning on drilling through the old bolt and putting a long bolt through with a nyloc nut, ive noticed jimny bits sell this bolt as an option with their brackets, does anyone know what size this bolt is? Maybe Martin can help??

• bertbuckie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2011 16:29 #9177 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: Jimny rear shock repositioner / spacers

Gary Whenmouth wrote: I wish January wasn't such a long month! Got paid so early in December :(

Tell me about it.....and theres soooo much I want for the jimny lol

More
09 Jan 2011 16:48 #9182 by supergaz
My shopping list for my jimny is massive, im just doing things ATM that dont cost to much, ive just stripped out the interior today because it is so muddy im going to powerwash it inside, including all the hidden bits behind the interior trim. My jimny has been badly modded by the previous owner, dangerous suspension, springs inside springs and odd rear springs, fire happy electrics from winch and lights. Im working on getting the car safe first for the road. Its seen better days, however its solid and has very little rust :)

More
09 Jan 2011 18:04 - 09 Jan 2011 18:04 #9196 by mlines
If you drill it out then the bolt size is whatever is appropriate for the resulting hole.

As standard its M12 but I drilled mine to M13.

As for the bolt length I found that long M13 or M12 Metric Fine bolts (Which is what it should be!) cost an arm a leg.

(Engineers look away at this point!!)Instead I went for M13 Studding, which I know is softer (and much cheaper) but the principle in my mind is that it will bend instead of snap (hard bolts). I have run for nearly 3 years with studding and its still fine.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 09 Jan 2011 18:04 by mlines.

More
09 Jan 2011 18:12 - 31 Jul 2011 17:56 #9198 by supergaz
Thanks, Martin, think i need some new drill bits for work! ;) :pinch: I think those bolts will be hard to drill out. Cant wait to recieve the brackets from you, im sick of finding bodged jobs on my jimny, i cannot believe its not burst into flames! Im a electrical mechanical engineer so everything has to be perfect! especially safe!
Last edit: 31 Jul 2011 17:56 by supergaz.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds