BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

pic of rear shovel and ladder....

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2010 05:44 #8414 by bertbuckie
pic of rear shovel and ladder.... was created by bertbuckie
Someone posted a pic the other day, I have looked since 5am and give up lol, please link me :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2010 09:12 - 30 Dec 2010 09:15 #8418 by dirtydogz

Attachment dab864f4b5c54a1e77db5a4b71212f901.jpg not found

(RENARD38)as a shovel on the back of his jimny,go on to my jimny page.hope this helps.BAZ

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2010 09:15 by dirtydogz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bertbuckie

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2010 09:35 #8422 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: pic of rear shovel and ladder....
Yes I pondered with the spare wheel idea....saw it here :

www.patrol4x4.com/forum/diy-modification...shovel-holder-51964/

But I also saw one with the shovel on the right hand side of the jimny door and was curious to see if it was the same idea, or a completely different bracket :)

The wife thinks it looks daft.....but on the plus side she seems to like the idea of steering dampers after fearing for her life at 55mph lol

More
30 Dec 2010 09:46 - 30 Dec 2010 09:56 #8425 by dirtydogz
Not a good place to have a shove if going off road ie bank or tree bang no door.:pinch:

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 30 Dec 2010 09:56 by dirtydogz.

• p1ngu32
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2010 20:37 #8484 by p1ngu32
Replied by p1ngu32 on topic Re: pic of rear shovel and ladder....
I have a shovel mounted to the back of mine, its a bit of an ornament, ive never had to use it.

• renard38
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2010 20:53 #8487 by renard38
Replied by renard38 on topic Re: pic of rear shovel and ladder....
:cheer: i have one:

File Attachment:

i use it 3 or 4 time in a year:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

More
02 Jan 2011 11:42 #8641 by kirkynut
With some of the steep drop offs I go down I worry about my spare wheel getting ripped off, let alone bolting a spade on the back to get caught!

I think it depends on the type of off roading you do.

If you do anything extreme - my club site is all extreme! - you need to think about taking the spare wheel and anything else off the back and leaving it in the car park.

If you're only doing greenlaning and reasonable pay and play it should be ok on the back - but I wouldn't personally.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jan 2011 16:40 #8660 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: pic of rear shovel and ladder....
TBH the most extreme ( so far ) is parking and pulling out of 2 foot snow drifts :)

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jan 2011 16:59 #8663 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: pic of rear shovel and ladder....
we have an ex army folding entrenching tool which is clipped inside the back of the jimny and the spare wheel sits inside strapped to the boot floor (no rear seats)

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds