BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Insurance and lifting my jimny

More
29 Dec 2010 18:05 #8346 by mlines
You see, there is a God! - I am coming up for 50!

Currently £118 Fully Comprehensive with "Cherished Vehicle Insurance" including Off-Road events, Rallies etc. as a second car policy.

:)

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 18:08 #8347 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Insurance and lifting my jimny

mlines wrote: You see, there is a God! - I am coming up for 50!

Currently £118 Fully Comprehensive with "Cherished Vehicle Insurance" including Off-Road events, Rallies etc. as a second car policy.

I had a good quote off them also, however they couldnt give me any years no claims bonus... they said there policies dont generate no claims. as this was my only/first car i had to leave it as it wasnt cheap enough to warrant it.

As a second car they would be great :-)

• Nelson83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 18:10 #8348 by Nelson83
Replied by Nelson83 on topic Re: Insurance and lifting my jimny
We need to get a table made up with everyones premium, age, mods, broker, then people could skim through until they find a "twin" and try their broker. Obviously people have specific reasons (im with a student one, as i teach, so we get a discount :cheer: ) why theirs may differ but it will give a better idea than the compare websites that dont take into account mods etc

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 18:22 #8356 by Gromit
Replied by Gromit on topic Re: Insurance and lifting my jimny

Blimey Martin, gonna try them next year for mine as I'm 49 too :-)

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 18:31 #8362 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Insurance and lifting my jimny

Gromit wrote:

Blimey Martin, gonna try them next year for mine as I'm 49 too :-)

and me - and I remember 50 ...... just

• bertbuckie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 18:56 #8370 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: Insurance and lifting my jimny

Adamski wrote:

shootinginger@yahoo.co.uk wrote: I phoned up aviva( who I have been insured with since November ) too see how much it would cost to put a lift kit on my jimny, the bloke said he'd check, he then came back to me to say his supervisor said it to dangerous because of it being un safe at th top speed, and that I could not do it.
I thought It was a bit stupid due to the top speed on a jimny being about 75mph, I rarely travel at 60, I usually plod along at 50 every where!

Has anyone else had this problem? Or know of away to over come it?

Yeah I had exactly the same problem and had to go with Adrian flux so that I could declare the lift. Ended up costing £770 for 5k miles, all mods declared for a 22year old with 5 years ncb. I'm gonna have to increase it to unlimited mileage which is another £350. I hate insurance companies!

Try having 9 points on your licence..... ( well 3, 6 are 5 years old in april :D )
Im paying £750 on my wifes insurance.... 8 years ncb, 12k - on my own was going to be £2000 :(

• 4wheelers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 18:58 #8371 by 4wheelers
Replied by 4wheelers on topic Re: Insurance and lifting my jimny
I am with flux. 9 years no claims. Age 34. Mods declared. 410 squid with unlimited milage and an excess of 250 pounds.

• shootinginger@yahoo.co.uk
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 19:35 #8380 by shootinginger@yahoo.co.uk
Replied by shootinginger@yahoo.co.uk on topic Re: Insurance and lifting my jimny
Well I'm going to try flux tomOrrow, I've got about 5 months left with aviva. Do you think I'll loose much money on cancelling my insurance? Btw with a 3inch lift kit wil I need rear corrector arms aswell as front?

• Adamski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 19:54 #8382 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re: Insurance and lifting my jimny

shootinginger@yahoo.co.uk wrote: Well I'm going to try flux tomOrrow, I've got about 5 months left with aviva. Do you think I'll loose much money on cancelling my insurance? Btw with a 3inch lift kit wil I need rear corrector arms aswell as front?

You should get your money back for the insurance for the months remaining but they will charge you a cancellation fee, my cancellation fee with admiral was £47. So instead of getting £187 back, I got £140 and lost that years ncb.

As for the lift, you dont require castor correction bushes/arms at the rear. You will need longer panhard rods though.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds