BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

tyres

• coombsy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 09:38 #8270 by coombsy
tyres was created by coombsy
hi
im in the process of buying jimny and i ant got alot of money to buy exspensive tyres for off road. The jimny is stock with road tyres so i need some desent grippy off road tyers but im new to the off road world

I need help please lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 10:16 #8273 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: tyres
either look for a cheap set of remoulds or a second hand set of decent offroad tyres, theres usually some on ebay and always seem great value to me.

• Nelson83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 11:01 #8277 by Nelson83
Replied by Nelson83 on topic Re: tyres
depends how much you can afford to spend - ive got general ATs, good value for money, but i waited until the duellers needed replacing first, gave me time to stash the magic beans and wear out the duellers. They've lasted well and are pretty good on and off road

• coombsy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 21:26 #8396 by coombsy
Replied by coombsy on topic Re: tyres
thanks i had a look and i found some colway m/t tyres on ebay. I do have some vitra rims with 215/70/15 a/t tyres on them but will they rub on a stock jimny?

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 21:32 #8398 by biggaz
Shouldnt rub at all mate, unless the rims are daft offsets or mad wide.

• coombsy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 21:36 #8399 by coombsy
ok thanks mate

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 21:42 #8400 by biggaz
No probs mate, i had my 215/75 mud tyres on wider offset steels on my jimny when it was otherwise standard and didnt rub or catch.

• coombsy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 21:49 #8402 by coombsy
the wheels are off a vitara that did plastic wide wheel arches so they do have a little off set to them.

• Adamski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 22:01 #8406 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re: tyres

coombsy wrote: thanks i had a look and i found some colway m/t tyres on ebay. I do have some vitra rims with 215/70/15 a/t tyres on them but will they rub on a stock jimny?

Colways are quite a rare find as the company went bust in 2007. I got a set of colway atacamas off eBay at a great price and they are great tyres except a bit rough for for the amount of motorway driving I do, the car sounds like a ww2 plane trying to take off. Mine are 205/75/15's, which colways have you seen?

• coombsy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2010 22:13 #8407 by coombsy
they look like m/t tyres if you put in vitara tyres in ebay and scroll down you will fine them.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds