BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Hi new to forum

• Craig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2010 16:43 #8173 by Craig
Hi new to forum was created by Craig
Hi I am craig i work in a garage at inverurie and fancy a jimny but i am not sure???

The garage i work at is Harlaw cars so give us a shout if there is anything u need done i am happy 2 help out if u can give me advice on jimnys???

I would love 2 do a bit of off roading in it but still use it on the road and be able 2 drive it long distance aswell...

What mods can i do to them to be able to do that???

All help welcome and if anyone lives close would love 2 go out in a modded jimny would be ace thanks....

Craig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2010 17:50 #8181 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Re: Hi new to forum
well start with just tires and see what you want after that because they are very capable machines you will be surprised.

where do you live?

just asking as there is a all jimny event at tong (leeds) in Feb and i may be going as with others on here and you could be a passenger

• Craig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2010 18:23 #8190 by Craig
Replied by Craig on topic Re: Hi new to forum
Well in aberdeenshire inverurie..

Well i was thinking bout 2inch lift and tyre and thats bout it unless i could get some nice looking bumpers..

By the way ur jeeps relly nice love the green wheels and body!!!

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2010 18:27 #8194 by adamjimny
ahhh i would have collected you if it was on the way

just do tires cos they are very good standard you will be amazed

thanks a lot its my toy

• Craig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2010 18:33 #8197 by Craig
What heated seats did u fitted is it easy to do???

Is there anyway up my way i could go out in one that u now of????

Rly fancy a jimny now instead of a defender, discovery or shogun

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2010 19:53 #8204 by adamjimny
i fitted heated leather mondeo seats and chopped the body as they are very wide seats but they are loads of other seats out there.

er someone may be in your area if not maybe bob along to tong 20th Feb there will be loads there

• bertbuckie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2010 07:31 #8218 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: Hi new to forum

Craig wrote: Hi I am craig i work in a garage at inverurie and fancy a jimny but i am not sure???

The garage i work at is Harlaw cars so give us a shout if there is anything u need done i am happy 2 help out if u can give me advice on jimnys???

I would love 2 do a bit of off roading in it but still use it on the road and be able 2 drive it long distance aswell...

What mods can i do to them to be able to do that???

All help welcome and if anyone lives close would love 2 go out in a modded jimny would be ace thanks....

Craig

Thank god you didnt say the ford garage at the roundabout lol - had a few bad experiences from them!
Im fae macduff/turru/buckie/cornhill....... around :)
Unfortunately my jimny isna lifted yet cause adam needs to pull his finger oot and get his new lift kit on so I can get his old spacers :D ( and I need to raise the cash )
I'd say get the jimny if you dont need much stuff carted about and dont mind sitting at 50-55mph on the roads round here.....get the jimny :)
Absolutely amazing in the sna - even on normal tyres and even for a tiny motor, I manage to fit the bairn and wife in the car, and all of santas pressies + 3 rig bags....but it was a squeeze.

As for what mods to do, Ive been looking at the shop section on here,
here: www.zanfi.it/modules.php?name=catalog&file=index&cPath=63_66 does a full bodylift kit that comes with brake lines, fuel lines, etc etc
and here: www.offroad-armory.com/jimny.html

Any info Ive asked here has been quickly answered.....however look thru the whole site, theres a LOT of info here :)

Bert

• Craig
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2010 17:28 #8240 by Craig
Ok cheers no probs m8....

Well give me a shout if ur ever going off road would love 2 c how good they are!!!!

Well if u need a hand fitting anyparts give me a shout!!!!

• bertbuckie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2010 17:41 #8244 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: Hi new to forum
depends on price lol, i am a tight git...... getting ( hopefully spring spacers from adam ( if I raise the £35-40 quid ) soon, hope its an easy job :)

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds