BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

speedo

More
17 Jun 2009 15:39 - 17 Jun 2009 22:39 #805 by punch
speedo was created by punch
aving problem's with my speedo, not getting nothing on it, could it be down to deep water or would that just bugger the sencer ? speedo not even showing milage ?
Last edit: 17 Jun 2009 22:39 by punch. Reason: bad wording

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2009 05:27 #808 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:speedo
Despite the harsh environment under the car I have not heard of anyone having a sensor fail.

I would guess that you have caught the wires on something and damaged them. Crawl under the car and take a look at the rear output end of the transfer box. You will see the sensor and its wires coming out and joining the cat through a white plastic connector. check the wires are all ok.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
18 Jun 2009 10:39 #809 by punch
Replied by punch on topic Re:speedo
hi martin thanx for the fast reply, i'v been under n checked the sencor n it seem's to be fine ., think the next step will be to trace the wire's back to the speedo ., thought i'd ask as i wasn't sure if it was a commen fault on the jimny ., i'v been puttin off doin it as i'm buildin the rocklobster t box con at the min and will ave to mod the pick up when i fit the new box ., many thanx for ur help

Rich

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds