BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

MODIFICATIONS for Jimny driving to Mongolia

More
22 May 2009 17:45 #729 by mongolia in a jimny
Hi to everyone

this summer 4 university students are taking part in the adventurist mongol rally. we have purchased a 2003 jimny.

we are not the most car knowledgeable people and would be very grateful for any guidance or modifications that ppl would recommend so that we can complete the 10,000miles journey.

you guys are far more knowledgeable than us, so any advice or guidance would be v much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2009 07:43 #739 by ooky_123
Wow, Can I come ?
Im sure I can swing a "Site Visit" with my boss !!..

I think you need to break the list down into smaller sections

Suspension
Tyres
Bodywork
Recovery
Safety etc.

Check out the Overland sections of Difflock as Im guessing youll need to prepare the Jimny in the same way as the African Trekers do.

Get good quality components is probably the best advice( ie ProComp shocks are fine for UK use, but for extreme or endurance, there are better makes )

Considder a trailer as opposed to loading up a roof rack. it offers more storage and can be secured to the vehicle and provides secure storage.

Im not sure hoew the little 1.3 would cope with megga mileages or extremes. it doesnt have oodles of Torque or Power and you may end up lowering the gearing to compensate fo rthe lack of power.

Please though provide lots of pictures and let us follow your developments. it sounds an awsome project.

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

More
27 May 2009 11:45 #740 by mongolia in a jimny
cheers for the information so far. will start looking into it asap.

i don't suppose anyone fancies volunteering making any of the modifications or knows anyone who would be interested? we are happy to endorse any product on the side of the car, on our website and do any promotional images/data that is requested! its a blank canvas at the moment. can get the car to any part of the country i guess.....we would be eternally grateful.

also any recommendations for lights on the front? ideally we dont want to drive at night, but if we get caught, we think we might need something slightly more substantial than normal headlights. suggestions?

thanks again for the info.

this thread is continuing on the events section. would be easier to keep it all in one place i think.

cheers again

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds