BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Twisted

• Jonesie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Apr 2023 07:36 #248846 by Jonesie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2023 10:21 #248847 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Twisted
£50k for a Jimny, they are not going to sell many of these.

There are several companies already out there doing Jimny conversions, they don't cost anything like £50k.

Perhaps I will stencil 'Twister' down the side of mine and put it up at the bargain price of £20k.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Apr 2023 11:34 #248848 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Twisted
I always wondered what they were going to do when they ran out of defenders to handbag.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
27 Apr 2023 12:48 #248849 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Twisted
Lambert, do I take it they are made for an upmarket district of London (begins with a C and has a high profile football team) then?

That would explain it, no one who is rich is only going to spend £20k on a car when they can pay more than twice that to get the same basic model except a version that isn't driven by the hoi polloi.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
27 Apr 2023 17:02 - 27 Apr 2023 17:10 #248851 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Twisted
£50k PLUS VAT

l would rather have a standard SZ5 at half the price. Hell, for £45k plus VAT you could buy a new Defender with a few options, or a new Jeep Wrangler.

Still, there are those to whom money means nothing, such as the owner of BET365 who pays herself £400 MILLION per year.

These kind of people don't even look at, or see, the invoice. Want one? Get one. 

l've got a customer who earns over £500,000 per month kicking a ball about. Nice guy. He's got six Ferraris "l like Ferrari" he said when l asked.

One thing, Twisted's work is top notch, even if you don't like what they do.

Last edit: 27 Apr 2023 17:10 by lightning.

More
27 Apr 2023 18:10 #248854 by RumbleAndSway
Replied by RumbleAndSway on topic Twisted
Prices are stratospheric but Twisted are a UK business so good on them.

Curious to see what mods they specify for Jimny suspension and engine, though I wouldn’t mess with either - that ladder frame chassis ain’t a foundation for performance or handling.

A set of skinny BFG AT all I need.

More
27 Apr 2023 20:36 #248856 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Twisted
There customer demographic is, and I quote "will appeal to anti-ordinary people"  
Err ok, wish them luck with that

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
29 Apr 2023 14:09 #248881 by davidandped
Replied by davidandped on topic Twisted
Twisted is just down the road from me so I thought id have a look at their showroom, Jimny was out at a show but man alive the Defenders they do are out of this world. If the Jimny is half as good then it’ll be amazing.

i spoke to a really nice chap who was saying later in the year they might start selling the parts separately and they are doing a Turbo Kit to up the power.

So yeah while £50k is a big chunk of change those that can afford it will be no doubt be getting something amazing. 

Twisted get some stick on Pistonheads and Im
not really sure why, what they do is beyond cool! Good luck to them!  

when I win the Lotto this is the car I want to buy from them :)

Attachments:

More
29 Apr 2023 16:08 #248882 by davidandped
Replied by davidandped on topic Twisted

I do love what they have done with the Jimnys interior, looks bee premium 
Attachments:

More
29 Apr 2023 17:30 #248884 by driver9
Replied by driver9 on topic Twisted
Nice to see Twisted have continued working on the Gen 4.  The previous owner of mine was working with the company on some of the mods and had started to modify it.

The build quality of their Defenders is much higher than Land Rovers but it doesn't come cheap.  Some of the Defender parts they use are available from other sources at a lower price.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed this will be the same for the Jimny 

More
29 Apr 2023 20:55 - 29 Apr 2023 20:57 #248886 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Twisted
Twisted Defenders are well respected and very well done.
They are about as good as the old Defender can get. lf l won the lottery l would also be at their door.

l've bought parts from them for my Defenders, they sell parts that are taken off new Defenders, such as seats, suspension parts, wheels etc.

The prices are very reasonable, or they were, they've not got much left now.

They're expensive but do hold their value, certainly much better than a top of the line Mercedes, BMW etc.
Last edit: 29 Apr 2023 20:57 by lightning.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds