BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Armster arm rest….

• Jonesie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2023 11:59 #247807 by Jonesie
Armster arm rest…. was created by Jonesie
Hello Jimners,

Has anyone tried / seen / heard of Armster armrests?

www.armster.co.uk/shop/suzuki-jimny-2019-armster-armrest/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2023 12:28 #247808 by Roger Fairclough
Any armrest you buy will interfere with the use of the drinks bottle holders that are standard equipment on the Gen.4 Jimny. Saying that, the arm rest that Martin supplies is bolted to the side of the drivers seat and so the bottle holders will still be available for smaller items. The Armster model appears to use the bottle holder as it's fixing to the motor and I am not so sure that it would be strong enough. Just my opinion.

Roger

• Jonesie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2023 19:43 #247823 by Jonesie
Replied by Jonesie on topic Armster arm rest….
I not bothered about drinks but I did wonder if the handbrake / drink holder is strong enough Roger.
I also didn’t like the idea of drilling into the trim either.
However it does look rather good would just be great to see one

More
01 Mar 2023 20:03 #247825 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Armster arm rest….
I would also highly recommend the Armrest that Martin sell in the shop above. It is very sturdy, You can really put quite a bit of weight onto it with your elbow to shuffle your bum back into the seat. I would be warry of leaning on one that just screws to the top of the cup holder.

Where abouts are you based, might be someone near with one fitted?

More
02 Mar 2023 06:21 #247835 by RumbleAndSway
Replied by RumbleAndSway on topic Armster arm rest….
I agree., i tried one of the cup holder/handbrake mounted arm rests and removed it immediately. The housing isn’t strong enough.

On the other hand the BigJimny armrest from Martin has proved to be one of the best additions I’ve made.

More
02 Mar 2023 07:40 - 02 Mar 2023 07:41 #247837 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Armster arm rest….
I tried a couple for my gen 3. jimny. first kit was cheap and screwed to the sides of the center console. came loose from the mounting poinst, disintegrated, and was very loose and wobbly when i was fed up and bought the next kit.
Now more expensive and rugged and bolted to the bottom of the drink holders . This one is possible to slide so I can choose how much armrest or hand brake I want. I think this adjusting function is very important for me as for longer trips I can make it slide forward for more comfort, and for shorter trips, offroad and day to day use i can slide it all back so it is not in the way of the hand brake.
I think i bought both mine on ebay so not related to any other products earlier in this thread.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2023 07:41 by yakuza.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds