BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:2023 Auto Expo India

More
12 Jan 2023 11:09 - 12 Jan 2023 11:11 #246835 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Re:Re:2023 Auto Expo India

I wonder if they are going to do it as a hard top like the 70 series troopy from Toyota, that could be a good base for an expedition camper.
It sure would, wonder what roof weight this will handle though, do not think it would be a lot better than the short one.
A roof tent would fit nice on the longer roof, but must be light weight. Or someone will sell a camper roof conversion like for the LR and the LC.

But should be fine to sleep inside even for those that is longer than me, and still room for the camping gear. 

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2023 11:11 by yakuza.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2023 11:32 #246836 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic 2023 Auto Expo India
I'm not a fan of the look either, looks out of proportion now.

More
12 Jan 2023 11:51 - 12 Jan 2023 11:54 #246837 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic 2023 Auto Expo India
I was never a fan of the lwb gen two either. But there is one (most of it at least) next to my swb in the garage. And a half outside.
It has grown on me. I think the lwb gen 4 also will.
And there is no overhang in the rear on the gen4 wich is good for the offroad capability.
I do alot of trips and overlanding and it is of course not so much an adventure like in a short wheel base where you only get space for the bare minimum, with a trailer or a longer car I got more comfort and more gadgets for my trips.

Edit: I can see now that owning 3.5 jimnys make my arguments either very weak or very strong depending on how likewise mad you the readers are at this. :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2023 11:54 by yakuza.

More
12 Jan 2023 12:36 #246838 by Roger Fairclough
I like it. Normally extensions from short to long w/base seem to me to loose out on "something" but because Suzuki have not put the extra length at the back, I think it works, much the same as the l/w Wrangler. Viv and I bought a shorty Shogun back in 2001 and loved it but we both hated the l/w base model.

Roger

More
12 Jan 2023 13:04 #246840 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic 2023 Auto Expo India
If you use the rear seats a lot and don't go offroad it will appeal as the 3 door Jimny is a bit of a pain to get people in the back. As I seldom use the rear seats, I can't see it is for me.

Perhaps the LCV would make more sense in long wheel base?

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
12 Jan 2023 18:48 - 12 Jan 2023 18:49 #246843 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic 2023 Auto Expo India
Whilst i'm a massive Jimny fan I don't like it. Its not really what the Jimny is all about. Its suppose to be a small nimble 4x4 but by making it heavier and longer defeats that. Leg room in the back looks cramped with no air vents for the passengers and the boot isn't much bigger meaning you would have to fold the seats which defeats the purpose and they don't fold flat! The longer wheelbase and being heavier will ruin its offroad performance compared to a nomal Jimny. Engine and gearbox hasn't changed so it will be down on power on the road especially if you modify it adding even more weight. It also doesn't look like it has the same quality to it compared to Japanese made cars. If you want a larger 4x4 then there are far Betters Suvs already out there that will do the same & better job than this Jimny could.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2023 18:49 by jlines.

More
12 Jan 2023 19:15 #246844 by lookonimages
Not a fan. Looks like a little Hammer to me

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
16 Jan 2023 12:50 #246945 by stuartmc
So managed to have a proper look at the weekend and still not sure on the design. Did however like the large screen on the infotainment, think she said it was 10.25". Wonder if it could be retrofitted to my 2020 SZ5?

2020 SZ5 Auto, 2019 Vitara GLX 1.4T AT AllGrip

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds