BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

JB74 rattling sound in 2nd/4th gear

More
26 Sep 2022 22:44 #245141 by TA98
Hi all,  I'm new to the forum so bear with me while I try to explain as accurately as possible what the issue is.  We bought the Suzuki jb74 5MT new without any issues.   Just the occasional hum sound when accelerating suddenly but was told its common among them, so no worries there.  However over time, the car seemed to develop a rattle most noticeable in 2nd/4th gear.  The noise and frequency would become louder with rpm so im thinking its from the transfer case.  The noise disappears in 5th gear.  nothing noticeable in 1st.  I dont want to say the noise is not there in 3rd however i dont usually push the rpm high in that gear.  Ive attached the recording for you guys to hear.  you'll hear me toggle the throttle on/off when i start to hear it.  around 25 seconds in.  in the video im driving in 2nd then changing to 3rd and dropping it down to second at high rpm to really accentuate when the noise can be heard.  T 

Jimnynoise.mp3

hank you for any form of help. 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Sep 2022 04:22 #245142 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. Given that Suzuki have recently issued a revised service bulletin for a noise very similar to what you have, I would be taking it back under the warranty as it doesn't sound very happy in your recording.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: TA98

More
27 Sep 2022 05:58 #245144 by TA98
do you have a copy of the bulletin as i never received one

• Lambert
    Registered
More
27 Sep 2022 07:20 #245146 by Lambert

The following user(s) said Thank You: TA98

More
27 Sep 2022 09:41 #245151 by TA98
So, did bulletin Q-A6G-008 resolve the issue ? because its not clear. I am also concerned that my noise is getting confused with the zzzzz noise when accelerating from a standstill.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
27 Sep 2022 13:42 #245155 by Lambert
No idea if it resolved it as I have a gen3 automatic so it's not something I have had to deal with directly.

More
27 Sep 2022 14:10 #245156 by fordem
The Q-A6G-004/Q-A6G-008 related to a very specific noise in first gear at approximately 2000 rpm, so, not this particular noise.

I hear the noise in the video, but I really can't place it - trying to diagnose vehicle noises from a distance is a bit hit or miss, but that sounds more like engine than transmission to me.

More
03 Nov 2022 10:44 #245731 by TA98
the dealership agreed the noise i have is not normal. they will take a closer look when they replace the chain in the transfer box. Why do you think its more engine than transmission ?

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds