BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Spanish SJ410

More
12 Sep 2022 19:49 #244942 by Soeley
Spanish SJ410 was created by Soeley
Currently on holiday in Roses, North East Spain and saw this smart looking SJ outside our hotel.

Couldn't resist a couplr of pictures.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Sep 2022 02:32 #244946 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Spanish SJ410
I'm kinda starting to want to one.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
13 Sep 2022 06:24 #244947 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Spanish SJ410
I have spotted a few old SJ's here and plenty of Open top Gen3's.

More
13 Sep 2022 08:18 #244948 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Spanish SJ410
I just got to get going on my SJ project.
Would love to have it ready for the spring but at this rate maybe spring of '36..

Got a ride in a friends SJ at the meet, just that feeling with warm weather and good friends in the SJ with the roof and doors off..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
13 Sep 2022 08:47 #244949 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Spanish SJ410
I didn't realise the SJ soft top had a solid glass rear window, is that how they came from the factory?

More
13 Sep 2022 10:00 - 13 Sep 2022 10:16 #244950 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Spanish SJ410
I have not seen any soft top with glass window, but
some open top came with a european made hard top from new.
This spanish guy most likely left his hardtop at home. Looks just like mine. I have been hoarding those rear windows actually :) 
Mine is german made Haslbeck glassfiber and auto glass good quality.
File Attachment:

Other years some for the norwegian market came with a lesser designed something cut from a boat by the looks of it.
The hard top was an option in the eighties I think. My impression was that they all left japan with the soft top and got the aftermarket, but importers optional hard top. At least for the european market in the eighties.
Later the numbers was low here and with the Spain made Samurai models the quality was poor. Still the Haslbeck or similar design I think.

The most common soft top had a canvas top or a glassfiber aftermarket hardtop.
The high roof model had the tall tin roof with safari like roof edge windows like your LR Disco.
The tin top had the flat tin roof.
There was also the two lwb versions with a cab/soft top/hardtop and in a pickup configuration.

Most lwb samurai models came with either a full roof or a half roof making the cab models into a pickup. there was also diesel versions.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2022 10:16 by yakuza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
13 Sep 2022 11:28 - 13 Sep 2022 16:45 #244951 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Spanish SJ410
The Suzuki resin top was an official, orderable version. It was just not taken by all markets.

The parts manual lists different metal wings for the resin top version compared to the soft-top version but I am not sure why

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 13 Sep 2022 16:45 by mlines.

More
13 Sep 2022 12:18 #244952 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Re:Spanish SJ410
I have never seen these hard tops in real life.
The only difference I can think of might be predrilled holes for the soft top fittings, i have seen cars with indentations only. Also there have been a little variation in the reinforcement stay (metal pipe) between the rear tub and the Targa-bar.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds