BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Upcoming heatwave

More
15 Jul 2022 16:23 - 15 Jul 2022 16:24 #244100 by lightning
Upcoming heatwave was created by lightning
With temperatures expected to breach 40 Deg C in the next few days, l was wondering if the Gen 4 Jimny is okay to be left out in these temperatures.

My wife commutes in the vehicle and it's 
in an unshaded car park all day. Should she leave the windows open?

The car park is at her work and the car won't be in danger from thieves.

Last edit: 15 Jul 2022 16:24 by lightning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2022 17:11 #244101 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic Upcoming heatwave
It will be fine to leave out. I’ll be taking mine to work next week as it’s actually the coolest car out of my fleet yes I know a Jimny is cool already ;)

Usually I would leave it out in the open but we do have shaded areas at work so I will park it in the shade to avoid it getting too hot. I also leave the windows open a bit but not past the wind deflectors. The air con in my Gen 4 is almost instant ice cold and seems to be the best in our household.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Jul 2022 17:22 #244103 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Upcoming heatwave
Don't forget the Australian market, they regularly see temperatures hotter than the surface of the sun and it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
15 Jul 2022 20:43 - 15 Jul 2022 20:45 #244104 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Upcoming heatwave
Car manufacturers including Suzuki go to a lot of trouble to ensure the vehicle will work in extreme environmental conditions. They even leave plastics, headlamps etc out in the sun to ensure they are good to go. 
So don't be concerned, just don't leave children or dogs in it and you will be fine.

Enjoy the sun and put on the sunscreen, the Jimny will be fine. May stop the rust for a few days! 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 15 Jul 2022 20:45 by Scimike.

More
15 Jul 2022 20:55 #244105 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Upcoming heatwave

With temperatures expected to breach 40 Deg C in the next few days, l was wondering if the Gen 4 Jimny is okay to be left out in these temperatures.

My wife commutes in the vehicle and it's 
in an unshaded car park all day. Should she leave the windows open?

The car park is at her work and the car won't be in danger from thieves.

Lol.

Very much doubt it’ll be 40 degrees. Maybe 33. The rest is likely media hyperbole!

The Jimny and plenty of people live in far hotter climates than even the hottest day in the U.K. Why worry about something that is just normal use for 100’000’s of people.

More
15 Jul 2022 23:12 #244107 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Upcoming heatwave
Great thank you for the replies l thought it would be okay but just wanted to be sure.

More
16 Jul 2022 06:47 #244108 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic Upcoming heatwave
Quick related question - what's the best thing to do with Jerry cans filled with fuel? OK left in or on the car in such hot weather?

More
16 Jul 2022 07:22 #244109 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Upcoming heatwave
Good question to which I don't know the true answer.
Any risk assessment would say store out of direct sunlight and outdoors.I certainly would not keep any inside the vehicle if it's parked and sealed, simply as if it did leak it's a big mess to deal with. Outside the vehicle not as worried.

I Guess you could open each to normalise the pressure at some point during the day, but I have no idea of the actual container pressure rating if it even has one.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Jul 2022 08:43 #244110 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Upcoming heatwave
I've had plastic petrol cans swell up to he almost round just in normal temperature so I am very cautious about leaving any in the car at all. Bearing in mind that the vapours are what explode if it has the slightest leak you basically have a large contained volume of combustible gas just waiting for an errant spark and game over.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
16 Jul 2022 18:46 #244112 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Upcoming heatwave
Your wife's car will be just fine - I'm one of the folks in the tropics with a JB74 that lives outdoors, we're expected to hit around 36*C today.

To help me cope with the heat, my car is fitted with window tint on the sides & rear and with "vent visors" that allow me to leave the windows down a half inch or so, without concern for sudden rain storms or thieves.

Gas/petrol in a plastic jerry can, inside the car is a big NO, outside the car in the sun is still a NO - you're going to develop some surprisingly high pressures in the can due to expansion & evaporation.

More
20 Jul 2022 09:25 #244169 by monstarghs
Replied by monstarghs on topic Upcoming heatwave
What did the temperature end up at? here in Australia were getting reports that the UK has broken the 40⁰ number

More
20 Jul 2022 09:33 - 20 Jul 2022 09:34 #244170 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Upcoming heatwave
It was 40 degrees in some parts (Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire). 39 in the shade where I live in Essex, never felt heat like it in the UK, but thankfully not humid, so more bearable than somewhere like Florida.
Last edit: 20 Jul 2022 09:34 by Gadget.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds