BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Changing centre console light to led

• Danparry
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2022 11:13 #243492 by Danparry
Changing centre console light to led was created by Danparry
I'm wanting to change my bulbs in my centre console to a white led, anybody no what bulbs I would need. the bottom half of the dash, ac buttons, 4wd buttons ect
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 May 2022 14:10 #243493 by Lambert
I might be wrong but isn't the colour integrated into the switch on the dashboard buttons?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
29 May 2022 22:30 #243496 by DrRobin
I changed mine to blue LEDs, but couldn’t get 12v versions for the 4WD selector switches, so used wire ended 2v LEDs and added a resistor. It was doable but a bit fiddly.

I managed to fit the heater lights in to the holders, but had to solder the LEDs + resistor in to the 4WD switch.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
30 May 2022 06:36 #243500 by yakuza
the original bulbs for the 4wd switches got red caps on them (2005 jimny). I only found white bulbs in the Yakuza Garage Warehouse last time, so mine is white now.
Got stocked in with the red ones now, but they are so annoyingly small so they are mostly lost whenever I get the idea to change them back to red :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
30 May 2022 10:59 #243506 by DrRobin
Just a little more information

The bulbs behind the heater controls are 12v capless, I think they are type 501.

I would buy good quality LED bulbs, they are a right pain to reach, I had to take some of the heater controls off and then it was a job to get the temperature dial back in the right place, so it's not something you want to do very often.

The 2WD, 4WD selector switches use a wire ended bulb, I couldn't find a 3mm LED in 12v for these so used an ordinary LED and resistor. I couldn't get the LED + Resistor to sit in the holder, so ended up soldering the LEDs in. The easiest way to change the bulbs in the selector switch is by removing the switch unit.

Remember LED bulbs are usually polarity sensitive, so sometimes you have to fit it, check it works and then turn it round if it doesn't work. Not great when they are hard to reach, especially as you will always put them in the wrong way round first.

Hope that helps.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds