BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Tpms sensor revisit.

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 May 2022 06:30 #243303 by Lambert
Tpms sensor revisit. was created by Lambert
Since my last musings on the virtues of tpms sensors I have become accustomed and even mildly greatfull of the technology. However I still have reservations especially about the arbitrary value set by Suzuki. As I am looking at 2 new sets of tyres in the near future I am conscious that the 26 psi figure is definitely too high for me as it's causing the centre of the current tyres to wear prematurely and very noticeably on the rear more than the front. This brings me to my question, in the last 6 or so months has anyone found a workable solution to set the tpms warning to a lower value say around 20 0si? I don't want to spoof the sensors as I think it's useful to have a quick idea of a imminent failure.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2022 09:59 #243304 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Tpms sensor revisit.
The TPMS system consists of 3 components: the sensor, the TPMS controller and the Body Control Module

The first two are made by Continental and simply take the readings from the sensors, works out from rotational information which wheel it is and then report the wheel and pressure to the BCM

The BCM is made by Suzuki and takes the pressure and decides if it is outside the low limit set in the BCM

Therefore it is the BCM we need to be able to correct. We have not been able to find where the parameter is in the BCM. A friendly Suzuki person has taken a quick look through the BCM using the diagnostic computer and cannot see anything obvious. They have seen a "parameter table" that is just a list of numbers but there is no reference as to what the numbers are and what part of the BCM uses those particular numbers. Its something I am sure someone will hack one day, it just doesnt seem to have happened yet.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 May 2022 11:51 #243305 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Tpms sensor revisit.
Ok thanks for the update. It's a bit beyond me why Suzuki have made this decision on a off road vehicle, but hey ho I'm sure saving 1 pence in a hundred quid is a perfectly good idea. So we need a code expert to figure it out.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds