BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Peoples thoughts on Jimnybits?

More
23 Apr 2022 11:23 #243082 by 300bhpton
Being fairly new to the Jimny world, I've only really known about Jimnybits since buying my JB74 two years ago.

I've had a few bits from them. But I'm currently experiencing some "issues". I wanted to give them chance to resolve before posting anything. But we are now on attempt 3 and more new issues have arisen.

I note they seem to have no presence on the forum, which is perhaps a little odd. Just wondering what other peoples experiences are with them in general?

For the record, when I first contacted them about the issue, their customer service team have responded well. The issue(s) have all been around quality control. Which is a shame, as there were quite a few items I had on my list to buy from them, including the Black Raptor suspension kit, but currently these ongoing QC issues are putting a doubt in my mind.

I'm hoping they can still resolve the issues. I don't want to say more at the moment as I'm awaiting a response from them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2022 11:56 #243084 by X8GGY
I’ve dealt with them (Rus) from the outset and never had any issues with them… got a lot of respect for the business and reputation he has built.

If you don’t mind I’ll email him, as negative forum comments are never good for an internet business, I should know this from 12 years of running Bits4Vits and competing with him / his business.

He used to be on this fine forum, but wandered off as his business grew, as JimnyBits and BigJimny are also obviously competitors too.

Hope your issues get resolved.

Dave

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 Apr 2022 12:03 #243085 by Lambert
I too have spent considerable monies with them and never had a problem. On the one occasion I have needed assistance with a fitting issue it was top notch.

While it's not an excuse they are a busy outfit so don't rush to judgement.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
23 Apr 2022 12:22 #243089 by lightning
lt would be easier to comment if we knew what the "quality control issues" are, but l can understand why you are not currently able to elaborate.

More
23 Apr 2022 12:30 #243091 by X8GGY
The Jimny buggy “the Boogie” spec’ sheet reads like a JimnyBits parts catalogue -

jimnybuggy.com/spec/

… for instance

More
23 Apr 2022 12:37 #243093 by 300bhpton

I’ve dealt with them (Rus) from the outset and never had any issues with them… got a lot of respect for the business and reputation he has built.

If you don’t mind I’ll email him, as negative forum comments are never good for an internet business, I should know this from 12 years of running Bits4Vits and competing with him / his business.

He used to be on this fine forum, but wandered off as his business grew, as JimnyBits and BigJimny are also obviously competitors too.

Hope your issues get resolved.

Dave
Thanks for the comments.

For the record, I'm not posting this as a negative really, was more enquiry as the Jimny world is far smaller than the Land Rover one that I'm more used too. And certainly not posting to cause a stir.

As said, the Customer Service response has actually been very good so far. It's more an issue with the product/QC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY

More
23 Apr 2022 12:39 #243094 by 300bhpton

lt would be easier to comment if we knew what the "quality control issues" are, but l can understand why you are not currently able to elaborate.
Thanks. I know I'm being a little evasive. Really just wanting to give them sufficient chance to resolve and didn't want to unfairly bash at this stage on the specific issues/product item.
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY, Lambert

More
23 Apr 2022 13:43 - 23 Apr 2022 13:45 #243095 by Scimike
They are just down the road from me and so I always just pop in if I need anything. Always been very helpful and the parts I have obtained have been fine. They are however a small industrial unit with engineering capabilities and so use other companies for some parts supply and product  finishing, they don't make it all as such. They are a small company, so would expect a few people doing a lot of work, so give them a little longer to sort things out.
No problem with them myself.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 23 Apr 2022 13:45 by Scimike.

More
23 Apr 2022 17:52 - 23 Apr 2022 17:54 #243097 by Soeley
I had a problem with my Rocksliders when I first got them. I could not get them to sit level. The front was up against and touching the plastic sill cover, whilst the back had a good clearance. I took pictures and emailed Russ about the issue. He replied pretty quickly and asked for pictures of the actual mounts which I sent. Within a few days he responded saying I had been sent Gen3 front mounts instead of Gen 4. 

I think at this time they were redoing the Gen3 Rockslider so the same Slider was used for both Gen3 & Gen4 and just the mounts are different.

Russ apologised and said he would send replacement front mounts as soon as they were back in stock, which he did.

I didn't post about it at the time as it was resolved pretty quickly and I was happy with the outcome.

Everyone can make mistakes, I judge a company/person on how they handle and correct the mistake.

I have nearly all the underbody protection from Jimnybits and are very happy with everything.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2022 17:54 by Soeley.

More
23 Apr 2022 22:22 #243102 by Dirtbird
Bought from them in the past no issue and Dave as well no issue. But its good to talk , I'm sure the lads will be able to resolve it.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
24 Apr 2022 08:35 #243108 by jackonlyjack
I have nothing bad to say about them 
good products fast delivery i have spent £££'s with them 

More
24 Apr 2022 19:58 #243133 by lookonimages
always good service and parts / accesories was always quality products. Return customer from South Africa. must say something.. :)

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds