BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Paint, Undercarriage Rust and servicing help

More
19 Feb 2022 16:22 #241913 by ffrenchy
Hello, hope you're well. I have a red Suzuki Jimny 2004, which I've owned for 6 years. I am in the UK, London. 

I would like to spruce and protect the exterior. The red paint is essentially pink and dull, I don't have a garage to store the car, so it's definitely been affected by the elements. I have tried polishing/buffing my car myself by hand using Autoglym Super Resin Polish, achieving lovely results but not something I can keep up or have the time to do myself (I've only managed to do once), so I wondered if anyone had any recommendations of where I can go for that type of service. Also, is it possible to respray/repaint the car and where would I go to have that done. 

The second thing is my undercarriage, there is a lot of rust happening there, again not something I can do myself, so wondering if anyone had any suggestions of where I can go to have the undercarriage cleaned, and rust looked at and protected? 

Lastly, servicing, does anyone have any recommendations of garages that are good with Jimny's in the South London area? 

Thanks so much for your help. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2022 19:50 #241945 by Scimike
Sorry not much help as my list of people is too far away from London. 
If no one offers any contacts on here try looking for a local classic car club, the sort that accept any marque and aren't just full of expensive exclusivity.
Contact them and ask for any body shop / garage recommendations, it's a staring point. The paint shop should able to determine if your paint can be saved by cutting back or if a respray is the way to go. It depends upon a lot of things including paint thickness, Autoglym is not course enough and after it will need a wax or protection layer.
A garage may treat underbody rust and sort the service work. Service work is very simple and doesn't require any Jimny specific knowledge. The classic car people may also help with recommend places for this work, I know our club would help.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
23 Feb 2022 23:47 #242005 by ffrenchy
Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to respond. Appreciated and very helpful. Thank you.

More
24 Feb 2022 09:15 #242014 by sniper
If you decide the car is a "Keeper", finding the right workshop can be a big problem and I'd expect London to be worse than most places. I'd suggest travelling out of London...

I was Lucky to find a Jimny guru around the corner, he rebuilt and modified my car during the first lockdown. Then painted and panelled an 11' plate cat D front ender for me during the the last one. Terry Lofley in Shirebrook.

ICE4X4 in Bolsover have also done excellent work for me, most recent an underbody restoration on my LC90

If your happy to trailer it....

sniper

Attachments:

More
24 Feb 2022 13:15 #242022 by Scimike
Great job.
But I am confused by the last two pictures, not the same Jimny?
If it is, what have you had done?

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
24 Feb 2022 13:23 #242023 by sniper

Great job.
But I am confused by the last two pictures, not the same Jimny?
If it is, what have you had done?

Toyota LC90 as stated....

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
24 Feb 2022 15:12 #242025 by Scimike
Thanks, too busy looking at the pictures to spot the writing on the wall 

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds