BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Tank 100

More
16 Jan 2022 23:09 #241239 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic Re:Re:Tank 100
See that's the difference, Our students spend their money on Beer, these guys have more and spend on  4x4s.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zukebob
  • zukebob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
17 Jan 2022 05:36 #241245 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Re:Re:Tank 100
I guess I was coming at this from a whole different perspective. While the picture is an obvious photoshop (like most speculative articles come with.....Maruti long wheel base Jimny being a good example), I really wasn't interested in the graphics that were included. Perhaps that is due to the fact that I wouldn't likely buy an actual Gen 4 Jimny and certainly wouldn't buy one of these.

The thing that caught my attention is that there appears to be some level of growing interest in small offroad vehicles by various manufacturers. With Toyota showing their concept for a mini FJCruiser EV, some earlier discussions of a smaller jeep and now this from GWM in China, I was primarily caught by the fact that we may be seeing the beginning of some companies wanting to get a piece of this business. For years Suzuki has been the sole supporter of this niche (excluding a few flash-in-the pan exceptions like Pajero Junior) and has championed it well. It is obviously too early to come to any conclusions but this is enough that I will likely begin to keep an ear to the ground.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

More
17 Jan 2022 11:15 - 17 Jan 2022 11:18 #241256 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic Re:Re:Tank 100
ZUKEBOB.
I think you are right. The power to weight ratio in the current power supply (petrol) is reasonable fuel prices and MPG but I think an electric motor configuration would open up a lot of market space taken up by the larger 4x4s. Often I think people buy the larger 4x4 s not knowing what they really need a 4x4 for if that makes sense. I'm not criticising but you know what I mean 4x4s in cities doing school runs let's say. An electric Jimny could be a very versatile farm vehicle the more I think about it. 

I know I get to knock a lot of utility out of mine. Hope to use a weed licker behind it this spring and it will travel some places my David Brown 996 turns its nose up at. And I've delivered a lot of hay to the high ground as well. (Deliver MOO)

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Last edit: 17 Jan 2022 11:18 by Dirtbird.

More
17 Jan 2022 13:36 #241263 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Re:Re:Tank 100
GWM might be just getting ready in case Suzuki drop the Jimny?

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds