BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny Hybrid

• mlines
  • mlines's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Users
  • Wokingham, UK
More
09 Jan 2022 19:38 #240999 by mlines
Jimny Hybrid was created by mlines
Jimny Hybrid coming???

A viable rumour has surfaced which shows the K15 engine already has a mild hybrid version available so should be a shoe-in for the Jimny and will be in-line with the Suzuki policy of all electric based fleet.

electricvehicleweb.com/suzuki-jimny-electric-next-gen-ev/

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Jan 2022 19:51 #241002 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny Hybrid
This will be in the same shell though, it's not going to be a move to a crossover with the same name eg the defender?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
09 Jan 2022 20:37 #241008 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Jimny Hybrid
A hybrid Jimny would fantastic Martin, I hope they do it and bring it to the UK. I might even be tempted to put my name down for one.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
09 Jan 2022 21:31 #241011 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Jimny Hybrid
Don't understand this move myself, what's the benefit?
 Its sale still potentially gets banned in 2030 (unless this changes), and doing nothing achieves the same. Please don't try to tell me a mild hybrid is saving the planet 
Is the commercial tab an issue with emerging ULEZ? They tend to charge commercial but private are exempt????
I don't know, but I do believe they should be going full electric instead of messing around.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Jako999
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2022 23:20 #241013 by Jako999
Replied by Jako999 on topic Jimny Hybrid
When I bought mine a few months ago I originally wanted a new one and was told by the dealer the story about the emissions, they told me if I wanted a four seater then I would have to wait till 2024 when the hybrid would be launched?
I couldn’t wait that long for my new toy and as they say the rest is history.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2022 00:07 #241014 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Jimny Hybrid
If I have to wait till 2024 I would pick the Toyota. This just sounded the death of the Jimny commercial as any investment in a new vehicle. With tighter ULEZ zones that will only get tougher.

More
10 Jan 2022 10:25 #241028 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Jimny Hybrid
Hydrogen is the future. Buying an electric car now will be like getting lumbered with a betamax vcr in a few years. Stick with petrol for now and wait for hydrogen. It will come.

More
10 Jan 2022 14:20 #241037 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Jimny Hybrid

Hydrogen is the future
Anyone remember the Hindenburg?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrRobin

More
10 Jan 2022 14:32 #241038 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Jimny Hybrid
The Sun has been running on hydrogen for quite a few years (4.5 billion) without a major incident, so perhaps the Hindenburg was a one off?

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
10 Jan 2022 14:33 #241039 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Jimny Hybrid
I guess it would depend on what type of hybrid. The Ignis uses an alternator that doubles as a small electric motor and it has a very small Li-ion battery pack under the seat.

No idea why this wasn't on the Jimny years ago.......

That said, its not really a hybrid drive. The electric motor makes almost no power, not enough to move the vehicle. It just provides a very very mild bit of rotating power to the engine. No idea how much difference it makes to performance and MPG. But it must be minimal, the motor certainly isn't rated at much HP.

So while it'd be hybrid in name. I suspect you'd notice no difference real world compared to the current model.

More
10 Jan 2022 14:36 #241040 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Jimny Hybrid

The Sun has been running on hydrogen for quite a few years (4.5 billion) without a major incident, so perhaps the Hindenburg was a one off?
Lots and lots coronal mass ejections though.... which would probably qualify as 'incidents'. :)

More
10 Jan 2022 14:36 #241041 by No Stock Available
Replied by No Stock Available on topic Jimny Hybrid
Suzuki are looking at going towards hydrogen, They are happy with the mild hybrid for now and the odd semi electric car deal with Toyota to keep the emissions down.

Personally cant see the hybrid Jimny happening as Suzuki are not fussed really much for the Euro market anymore and thats what we the dealer network were told by Suzuki themselves.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds