BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

G4 Jimny Rear Wiper Blade Replacement

More
14 Dec 2021 14:12 #240643 by Bob1050

Front wiper blades are 400mm and rear is 300mm.

Roger

Thanks Roger - Agreed and many thanks - or in old money 16" (front) and 12" (rear). Interesting that 300bhpton has got a Bosch Super Plus  SP11 to fit and good to know that's an option.

Price wise there's a huge difference between genuine Bosch blades from Euro Car Parts discounted at £4 odd and Suzuki charging £20!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2021 14:19 - 14 Dec 2021 14:21 #240644 by Bob1050

It's a private group, so no point t in me linking it, but a few responded to say they had fit them. No mention of the rear not fitting.
I thought most replacement blades came with an assortment of fitting to suit different arms nowadays.

Ok, so the AR13U is too big really. Sorry getting mixed up. The Land Rover Defender uses 13" blades and the AR13U is indeed
a retrofit and will physically fit the arm.

However they are 13" long. The factory blade is about 11 1/2 long. So the 13U will likely overhang the glass, as there isn't much of a gap.

I originally bought a Bosch A281H as it was a flatbalde of the right length. But this does indeed have the wrong fitment.

So I swapped it for a Bosch SP11 which is rated at 11"/280mm

As you can see it is ever so slightly shorter than the factory fit option:

But has the correct fitment:

Incidentally, I found it easier to move the arm upright to remove the old blade (turn wiper on, turn ignition off when in the position you want).

The swept area is slightly less with this blade, but it'll do for now. However if you look at the glass where original was, I think you'd be overlapping the paint with the 13" blade.

Many thanks to 300bhpton for your efforts and further clarifying a pragmatic solution - plus making the effort to post some informative photos.

Last edit: 14 Dec 2021 14:21 by Bob1050.

More
17 Dec 2021 00:28 #240685 by Bob1050
Hi Folks - Just wanted to repeat my thanks to @300bhpton , @Roger Fairclough and @mlines for their help delivering options and a pragmatic solution.

Ended up going to Euro Car Parts for s set of three Bosch Super Plus wiper blades - two SP16's for the front and a SP11 (as recommended by 300bhpton) for the rear. They took literally seconds to fit and very happy with their performance. Even better was the total price - with change from £15 for the whole lot! Made me laugh as Halfords wanted £12 just to fit them - plus charging almost twice the Euro Car Parts price for the blades themselves!.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 300bhpton

More
17 Dec 2021 09:04 #240687 by Roger Fairclough
"Halfrauds" is the name dude.

Roger

More
27 Dec 2021 19:42 #240820 by Bob1050
Having put the new blades through their paces - I'm very happy with performance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
18 Jun 2023 14:03 #249546 by driver9
Genuine Suzuki wiper blades are manufactured by NWB which is part of the Denso group. I have just fitted a Denso DM-030 wiper blade to the rear wiper arm on my Gen 4 Jimny.  The new blade which is stamped NWB is exactly the same as the original so no problems fitting it or the size which is 309mm/12" according to a label on the box.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley, Hanslow

More
23 Jun 2023 18:14 #249611 by Bob1050
Another valuable and useful tip - thanks

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds