BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Gen3 warning buzzer modulation

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
04 Sep 2021 10:39 #238205 by Lambert
Has anyone successfully modulated the warning beeper on a gen3 and if so how? A continuous tone for the lights on with the keys out is one thing but then there's a beeping for keys in accessory and door open a different beeping for engine on door open and another different one for no seatbelts above 5 mph. It's like being on a piggery unit at feeding time everything SCREAMING AT ME TO DO SOMETHING! So I was just wondering if there is a way to maintain the flashing lights on the dashboard but quieten down the noise? On Dreadnaught there was no seatbelts warning and the ignition was on a separate connector that could be isolated but in Temeraire it seems that the individual connector is now part of a bigger loom so not as simple to remedy. 

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2021 09:40 #238273 by RainerK
Hello,
I disconnected the plug in the steering wheel faring so that there is no „key in and door open“ beep and I disabled the safety belt beep. Both are quite easy to do and I live with the rest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
More
06 Sep 2021 11:34 #238277 by Lambert
I did that on my 2011 but the same connection is not in the same place on my 2018. I will have a look around the ignition tumbler when I'm home. Thanks.

More
06 Sep 2021 12:29 - 06 Sep 2021 12:36 #238281 by lookonimages
Lambert is that gen3 or gen 4

On gen4 there is wiki article for engine in ignition door open beep. I have done this.
www.bigjimny.com/mobiquo/redirect.php?pid=224625

On gen3 here is what I did on my previous jimny.
www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread....=4090049#post4090049

This whole thread is about gen3 beeping. First ones to last ones and differences in wire looms and connectors.

Hope it might help you. My gen3 was 2016/17 so maybe could be same as 2018

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk
Last edit: 06 Sep 2021 12:36 by lookonimages.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
06 Sep 2021 12:41 #238282 by lookonimages
Lambert you can easily test with globe between - and the wire while door is open and key in ignition to confirm the brown wire as the key in ignition indicator.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

• Lambert
    Registered
More
06 Sep 2021 16:11 #238290 by Lambert
Temeraire is as far as I can tell one of the very last gen3s. I'll look at the link later cheers.

More
07 Sep 2021 12:14 #238315 by yakuza
Mine is a gen3 2005. I do not think there has been any further change done to the dashboard where the beeper/buzzer is located, on later models.

I just opened the dashboard cluster, dismantled the print board inside from the dash cluster, opened the small black round plastic housing on the buzzer on the print board, took out the small piezo(?) disc inside and put a piece of electrical tape on it so the sound stopped. Peace and quiet and harmony and tranqiulity restored.
if I should loose my mind in the future, I can just reverse this and bring back the noise.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, lookonimages

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds