BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

towing mirrors?

More
31 Aug 2021 13:38 #238064 by 300bhpton
towing mirrors? was created by 300bhpton
Anyone able to recommend any good towing mirrors for a Gen 4? Something that fits easy and is non damaging? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2021 13:49 - 31 Aug 2021 13:53 #238065 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic towing mirrors?
I've used these RING in the past and found them easy to fit, clear in use and none damaging.
www.eurocarparts.com/p/ring-towing-mirro...0M-fZ8gaAkynEALw_wcB
BUT ---- I don't know if they will fit the Jimny as I no longer have them , they should as they are a "universal fit" 
Have you towed yet ? Only asking as I can see fine without them on my G3 with Eriba caravan on the back.

Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 31 Aug 2021 13:53 by Scimike.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Aug 2021 17:50 #238071 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic towing mirrors?
I just checked and legally you have to be able to see a 4 meter spread from the side of the trailer at a distance of 20 metres behind the driver. In practice I find that I can comfortably see both back corners of my 5ft wide sheep trailer with the standard mirrors which is acceptable for road use. However if I have to shunt my 6ft wide twin deck I can't see the corners so would need extension mirrors if I dared take it down the road on the jimny. I would therefore recommend extension mirrors to any jimny towing something over 5ft wide. I too used to have the ring ones for the Cherokee but sold them with it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
01 Sep 2021 10:09 #238105 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic towing mirrors?
Thanks. Think I'll order the Europarts ones, they seem pretty cheap.

Kind of surprised Suzuki don't offer any 'official' ones. Seeing as the Jimny has sufficient tow rating to tow a lot of types of caravan. But being a narrow vehicle clearly would require towing mirrors to be safe and legal.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds