BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Parking sensors--where to locate in rear bumper Gen4

More
07 Jul 2021 13:59 #236486 by Trakito1
Hi I'm new to Jimnys and received my LCV on 1st July. I think this car is amazing and I'm starting to tinker with it a little bit. So far, I've removed the grille/bulkhead, fitted LED DRLs from the forum shop and LED brake lights. I purchased a cheap reversing parking sensor kit from Amazon, but I'm not sure where to drill and locate the sensors. There seems to be limited areas that could accommodate the size/diameter of the sensors. Please if anyone has done this, any advice appreciated. Also, in the reversing light, is the red wire the live feed and the black common ground?

Thanks and apologies for the long, first post.

Marc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2021 14:16 #236488 by Gadget
Hi and welcome to the forum, Jimny people are the best people! 

My sensors are the Suzuki kit and were fitted by my dealer, photo below shows location and they've always worked well.

I'd certainly assume black ground, red live, yes.

If you don't think you'll use your cargo partition, there are a lot of dog owners who will snap your arm off if you want to sell it!

Attachments:

More
07 Jul 2021 15:24 #236495 by Trakito1
Thank you for the advice! I’m still deliberating whether to drill holes in my week old bumper or not!
I know what you mean….I’ve got a doggo too!
I’m just trialling seat reclining positions and the bulkhead was in the way.

Thanks again for the quick reply!

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jul 2021 17:29 #236502 by Grima
Mine were fitted by the dealer. There is a black control box behind the near side inner wheel arch cover. The box has a setting for rear spare tyre fitted or not fitted. So non Suzuki rear sensors may not work. As the spare tyre will set them off. Good luck.

More
07 Jul 2021 20:05 #236510 by Trakito1
  The cheap one i bought looks ok. I fitted it after seeing Gadget’s post. It seems one of the sensors is faulty (2nd one from the left) as it keeps beeping even without anything near it. The third one next to it is working fine despite being close to the spare wheel.
It was a bumper-off job for me which was pretty straightforward. Didn’t manage to snap any fittings!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds