BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Best laid plans.....etc.

More
17 Jun 2021 22:12 #235879 by Fossie
A few months ago I bought a silver 53 plate , leather seats , tidy , 12 months ticket a new boot area , new  Monroe shocks , decent AT Tyres .
drove over from Leeds absolutely right...This car is to be the family spare , but hey it's too nice for that so the 03 Cabrio is/ was to take that role and the silver one the daily driver .  To this end , it's parked at the stables , been serviced , kingpins and seals done , window deflectors fitted , centre console ...  So while my daughter used hers to make sure all issues were dealt with down south ....All good 
SO time to swap the insurance from the blue to the silver .....just a few minutes on line eh?   NO ....contact office between 9-6 ...what while I'm at work !    Anyway got a moment and got through....just registration change .....underwriters said no to silver car ...WHY ?   no idea , can't see reasons   Sorry can't insure it .   HPI check comes up with nothing ....but basically unless I can find out what the issue is I have to cancel my insurance with this provider and find one that has an underwriter that will ...but with 9 months left that's not an option.....sell it ...or keep it as an ornament .

any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2021 22:20 - 17 Jun 2021 22:21 #235880 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Best laid plans.....etc.
Just a possibility going back to when my 2CV was a daily drive - it's classed as a convertible and so some underwriters would not insure it or as a minimum the price went up. So is the silver one a soft top ?
THey should really tell you why.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 17 Jun 2021 22:21 by Scimike.

More
17 Jun 2021 23:18 #235883 by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Best laid plans.....etc.

It comes up as a Jimny Mode .

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Jun 2021 04:03 #235896 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Best laid plans.....etc.
Has it recently changed from a private plate? When I sold Dreadnaught I retained the plate and that evidently had an impact on the buyer being able to insure it through the comparison sites even though I had the correct v5 and dvla were happy.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
18 Jun 2021 07:38 #235901 by Fossie
Lambert , it's a thought and while I don't think so as a receipt for the work done has this reg on , who's to say there wasn't an issue previously . Different providers have different underwriters and I may be unlucky ....
Could it have been ..say impounded before I bought it and that's still on a record ...
It is still showing as insured on the MIB ...so the last or a previous keeper still have it on a policy , effectively mean 2 policies on the same vehicle .( I have contacted the last keeper who didn't have it for long ...mmmmmm and he hasn't got a policy on it anymore )

More
20 Jun 2021 21:39 #236005 by Fossie
Lambert maybe you've hit on summat here matey ....I bit the bullet and paid for a deeper hpi check...having tried again with the insurance company !
anyway , it isn't a write of it ain't nicked , no body owes on it , it not part of a security watch ....what the hell then amissed the write up a little triangle ( ignore the one about wrong issue date on V5 ...that was me not been able to work it out !) 

yep 4 plates have been on this vehicle ....judging by its condition and extras , I could see it having been owned by a personal plate chappie / chapess.

so what to do ?
Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
More
21 Jun 2021 05:39 #236010 by Lambert
It should not be a problem so long as it is wearing the same plates as recorded by dvla we are after all legally allowed private plates. It could be cloned but I'd doubt someone would be stupid enough to use the same vin on 4 different vehicles. How well do you know your local crime prevention team, might be worth running it past them see if they have any interest, equally though if you have been anywhere near an anpr equipped car you would have been tugged so don't worry too much. Have your insurance offered any explanation at all as to why?

More
21 Jun 2021 07:48 #236012 by Fossie
The insurance are no help , "as brokers not the actual undewriters they can not offer advice " . No they are there to collect the premium premium!
That is after you finally get through to them!
Police angle pretty much the same around here , unless you upset a cyclist then you won't see one.

It does however look quite good though sitting on a plinth of concrete slabs at the stables , with the backdrop of cut fields and the horses , hare, pheasant mooching about .....so if anyone needs a photo opportunity for a rustic setting !!!!!

There must be an option and I'll find it .....when ? Well.....

More
21 Jun 2021 13:23 #236019 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Best laid plans.....etc.
Have you tried the DVLA?

• Lambert
    Registered
More
21 Jun 2021 15:16 #236026 by Lambert
Just a thought but have you tried it through the comparison sites see if it is just your particular underwriters being unnecessarily difficult?

More
21 Jun 2021 22:50 #236037 by Fossie
I went onto compare sites and they all quote , it'll only show at the next stage of contacting the company ......but with 9 months left on my policy , I'd loose loads if I had to cancel it....as my no claims is on that policy.

I haven't contacted DVLA yet but it's got to worth a punt .

More
23 Jun 2021 14:33 #236077 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Best laid plans.....etc.
4 plates seems quite a lot, I wonder who has owned/used it and what for?

Is it modified in any way, or have modifications been declared?

You could check it's MOT history here, just need the reg, that might show up something.

www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds