BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Ice question.

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Apr 2021 09:34 #234704 by Lambert
Ice question. was created by Lambert
The mood is upon me to investigate running a head less system in Dreadnaught. I have a very nice Genesis amplifier which in a most basic way I could separate the 4 channels from a headphone jack and simply plug in my phone which is basic and in reality all I need it to do. Only downside is I don't like continuous use of the jack as the hardware on Samsung phones is not massively robust.  Instead I prefer Bluetooth and wireless charging. Sony do a smartphone adapter that allows you to control functionality via Bluetooth that then presents as a jack for use in oe systems which would work but it still requires jack to rca and then splitting front and back. My electronic expertise won't run to making a custom Bluetooth to 4.1 channel rca breakout board. The only other thing that just occurred is to look for a half din preamp eq with Bluetooth. Just off to amazon for a minute. 

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
25 Apr 2021 10:52 #234708 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Ice question.
So it seems that you can get Bluetooth to rca readily available. Pity I can't find my amp to see if it is 2 or 4 channel.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
25 Apr 2021 15:52 #234713 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Ice question.
Ive thought about something similar to this to get space on the dash to mount an iPad mini instead of the head unit.

You can get some neat little class D amps that will run happily from 12v, and you have already found the bluetooth reciever device you would need. I run huge alpine class D under the seats, but am thinking of weight reduction with this as well as the iPad for navigation and tunes

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
26 Apr 2021 06:21 #234722 by Old Neil
Replied by Old Neil on topic Re:Ice question.

Lambert wrote: The mood is upon me to investigate running a head less system in Dreadnaught. I have a very nice Genesis amplifier which in a most basic way I could separate the 4 channels from a headphone jack and simply plug in my phone which is basic and in reality all I need it to do. Only downside is I don't like continuous use of the jack as the hardware on Samsung phones is not massively robust.  Instead I prefer Bluetooth and wireless charging. Sony do a smartphone adapter that allows you to control functionality via Bluetooth that then presents as a jack for use in oe systems which would work but it still requires jack to rca and then splitting front and back. My electronic expertise won't run to making a custom Bluetooth to 4.1 channel rca breakout board. The only other thing that just occurred is to look for a half din preamp eq with Bluetooth. Just off to amazon for a minute. 

Nice tip Lambert might check it out for my jimny thanks

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
27 Apr 2021 16:12 #234739 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Re:Ice question.
My finger slipped on amazon and then this arrived...

Might be the answer for you Lambert? I'm going to try rigging it up to the big alpine v12 amps and see how it goes, then bye-bye head unit :-) 

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
More
27 Apr 2021 18:40 #234740 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Ice question.
Interesting. What are the output connections?

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
28 Apr 2021 16:48 #234747 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Re:Ice question.
Pretty simple. The screen/button bit is wireless so can be stuck pretty much anywhere with its little stand. Brains of it is in a match-box sized bit on the windscreen DAB aerial. Wires from that terminate in a USB for power and a 3.5mm stereo jack. To connect to the amp I have bought a female 3.5mm to twin RCA lead.

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
More
28 Apr 2021 17:17 #234750 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Ice question.
Ok cheers buddy that's helpful.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds