BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Big Jimny meet pre event camping(Peak District)

More
23 Apr 2021 11:59 #234666 by OctaneJimny
Hello all, I may be Jumping the gun a bit here but see below. There was a fair amount of interest last time so please see the details below. For those not on Facebook I've added all the details underneath and anyone with any questions please feel free to message me on here, Instagram under OctaneJimny or direct to the Facebook event which is linked at the bottom. All of this restriction depending but I thought I would go ahead expecting the best. 

Brief
Hello to all that will be attending the new UK BigJimny meet which has now a revised date of the Sunday the 11th of July at Parkwood 4x4 centre close to Leeds/Bradford. First of all go and get signed up to that! Secondly I would like to invite you all to camping the day/evening before in the Peak District and a convoy up to the main event the following day on the 11th. All the details are on the attached event. Please feel free to ask any questions and I hope to see you there

Facebook details
Hi guys, I would like to invite you all to a pre Big Jimny Meet camping event based in the peak district and following day convoy up to the meeting point of parkwood 4x4 offroad centre near leeds. The campsite will be Hardhurst Farm camping and caravan site, a stones throw of the beautiful village of Castleton. If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to contact me. It would be fantastic to see you all there. Thank you! Details below. 

Facebook details full
Hi All,

I'm just letting everyone know that the selected campsite for the pre-big Jimny meet will be Hardhurst Farm camping & caravan site for the afternoon/night of 10th of July. Located 2 minutes drive from the small village of hope & 5 minutes drive from the lovely village of Castleton. It has onsite showers, toilets and cafe which do excellent bacon buttys/breakfasts. 2 minutes walk from the travellers rest pub for a few pints and an evening meal if you would like. To locate the campsite using a sat nav the address is... Parsons Lane, S33 6RB. This is located just off hope road(A6187). Contact phone number for booking. 
01433 620001

From Sheffield direction(Hathersage) go through the traffic lights, past the travellers rest pub and turn immediately right. Follow the road for 100 metres then take the right into the entrance of the campsite. 

From Tideswell directions joining hope road go through the traffic lights facing the travellers rest, take and a left then immediate right. Follow the road for 100 metres then take the right into the entrance of the campsite.

From Manchester direction(winnets pass/Castleton). Drive through the village of hope. Drive 3/4 mile down then road turn left before the traffic lights which are before the travellers rest. Follow the road for 100 metres then take the right into the entrance of the campsite.

From Manchester direction A57(snake pass). Drive through the village of Bamford. Once you get to the junction with hope Road there is a petrol station to your right. Turn right at the traffic lights follow for around a mile. go through the traffic lights, past the travellers rest pub and turn immediately right. Follow the road for 100 metres then take the right into the entrance of the campsite.

Local area-
In hope village there is a spar for any last minute supplies, a few cafés, a few pubs with the nicest one being the Cheshire cheese.

In Castleton there is a also many pubs and cafes. Speedwell cavern, the broken road, fish and chip shop, Peveril Castle, the devil's arse cave(no I'm not joking) and a some gift shops. just to name a few. 

Upper Derwent visitor centre. Fantastic place where the location of the dambusters practice runs took place in WW2. Bike hire also available. S33 0AQ.

Petrol stations.
Sicklehome service station, S33 0EB

Barons of Hathersage, S33 1BB

Contact phone number for booking. 
01433 620001

£7 per person(not tent). Pay on arrival cash or card.

Address
Hardhurst Farm camping & caravan site
Parsons Lane
S33 6RB

Any question please feel free to ask. Hopefully see you all there!

Hi guys, I would like to invite you all to a pre Big Jimny Meet camping event based in the peak district and following day convoy up to the meeting point of parkwood 4x4 offroad centre near leeds. The campsite will be Hardhurst Farm camping and caravan site, a stones throw of the beautiful village of Castleton. If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to contact me. It would be fantastic to see you all there. Thank you!

fb.me/e/XauG8yZ9

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2021 12:17 #234667 by sniper
I won't be stopping but am pretty local, I'll drop by and say hello..... (The pies at the Cheshire Cheese Inn are spot on)

There are a few of us travelling up from j29M1....

sniper

More
23 Apr 2021 14:13 #234669 by OctaneJimny
Yeah feel free to pop by that would be cool. I'm local to the area as well but I thought it would make a decent stop over for people coming from a further distance to break the driving up a bit. I can also agree with the Cheshire Cheese Pies! I was thinking a possible trip up the Strines on the way to make it a bit more of an interesting drive going up to parkwood.

More
23 Apr 2021 20:25 #234673 by Soeley
Oh, this sound interesting. I could drive up on the morning as I am from Oldham so no too far away, but might as well make a weekend of it to make up for lack of activity in 2020 :)

More
24 Apr 2021 00:19 #234674 by Fossie
Aaargh sadly can't commit to the weekend due to other possible commitments , though they could fall through , should they were in. 
Strines ..once took 35 Germans a couple of French and Italians  on a  katana club motorcycle rally over the snake right to the strines inn, after a refreshment carried on to the woodhead and back to rally site near Manchester.  Some did it twice !

• Chalky the Jimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2021 21:20 #234687 by Chalky the Jimny
Replied by Chalky the Jimny on topic Big Jimny meet pre event camping(Peak District)
I'm keen!

Just Saturday night?

More
25 Apr 2021 07:18 #234694 by maverick
Hope, Castleton to Tong (Parkwood) is a good 1hrs drive (just saying)

Jalapeño, IISY?

More
25 Apr 2021 11:18 #234709 by OctaneJimny
An hour 15 I believe   

OctaneJimny

More
06 May 2021 19:04 #234903 by OctaneJimny
For those wanting to attending the camping. On regards to the route up in the morning. Would a direct route up in the morning be preferred or a more interesting route maybe over a road called the Strines be preferable. It would be possibly a bit easier to stick together over the Strines instead of whizzing over to the M1 via Sheffield. 

(after a quick Google they both look around the same sort of time) 

I'm thinking of the folk who will be doing the whole hog and doing some offroading at the event then a possible long drive home afterwards. I'm happy for anyone's input. 

Cheers, 
OctaneJimny. 

More
14 May 2021 08:43 #235023 by Axholme Lion
Strines is a cracking road. I wouldn't be camping but i would certainly be interested in coming over for a run from Castleton to Tong. It's a very scenic route.

More
23 May 2021 10:17 #235284 by OctaneJimny
Yes feel free to join for the drive up in the morning if you fancied the Strines route. Its a cracking road!

More
16 Jun 2021 20:43 #235829 by Soeley
Hi OctaneJimny, I just wanted to check to see if this was still on as I plan on pulling my finger out tomorrow and booking a pitch. Just thought I'd check first.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds