BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny prices

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 May 2021 13:36 #234872 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Jimny prices
That doesn't make me feel any much happier about what I have just forked out for Temeraire. Nearly new Jimny are an expensive pastime.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2021 20:37 - 10 May 2021 21:03 #234955 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Re:Jimny prices
Well, currently prices seem a bit silly, the cheapest SZ5 l could find was £24,000 for a 2018

2020 models are up at £26,000+

Crazy! Too much lockdown money around. This is what Auto Trader thinks our 2020 is worth.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 May 2021 21:03 by lightning.

More
10 May 2021 21:13 #234956 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Re:Jimny prices
Crazy prices. Autotrader recommended selling price for my 2019 auto with 12k miles is £23560, which is £2500 more than I paid new with accessories.

More
11 May 2021 07:29 - 11 May 2021 07:36 #234958 by lightning
Maybe when the Commercial version goes on sale, prices will come down for the previous models.

lt depends on how available it is, if they all sell out immediately so you can't get one, prices will remain high.

There's no information online as to when the Commercial version will go on sale, deliveries were expected to start in "June/July 2021" but as of May 2021 dealers have "no more information" as to when the vehicles will be available.
Last edit: 11 May 2021 07:36 by lightning.

More
11 May 2021 11:52 - 11 May 2021 11:54 #234969 by lightning
l did a valuation on WBAC and l've never had so many emails from them since, every day they've emailed offering more money.
(but still not as much as Auto Trader thinks it's worth as a trade in)
l don't know it they've got some connections with car dealers when somebody gets a valuation, and they pass on the details to see what interest there is.
l also asked for a valuation on the Defender and have had no further emails on that one.

By the way our Jimny is not for sale! l was just interested to see what they would offer.
Last edit: 11 May 2021 11:54 by lightning.

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 May 2021 20:25 #235273 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic Jimny prices
I was fortunate enough to get one of the first batch to arrive in the UK, and paid book price for it.

After a couple of years of enjoyable ownership with some indifferent and extortionate servicing experiences with the local dealer, and hankering for some cosseting and technology, I decided to look around for alternatives.

An anticipated need for 4x4 ability never materialised, so I settled on a second hand estate from a well known German manufacturer, and entered my Reg No. ‘for a guaranteed part-ex value’ on their online salesroom.

On this occasion, ‘the computer said yes’ and offered me very nearly £4
K more than I had paid new for the Jimny - an offer I could not, and did not refuse.

So, I’m afraid that this rat has left a perfectly good ship,.

More
23 May 2021 07:53 - 23 May 2021 07:57 #235280 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny prices
To be honest l can see why you would sell at this time, l think prices are at a point where they won't go any higher and will eventually fall back to more sensible levels.
And that's speaking as a Gen 4 owner.
l think that the Gen 4 Jimny will always hold its value well though, unless Suzuki re introduce it.

lt's so rare these days to buy a new car that increases in value after you bought it. l've been offered £24,000 for ours, which is obviously very good, but if l sold it and bought a regular car, l would lose that "profit" in six months.

Last edit: 23 May 2021 07:57 by lightning.

More
23 May 2021 10:09 #235283 by OctaneJimny
Replied by OctaneJimny on topic Jimny prices
When you say "indifferent and extortionate servicing" don't you mean absolutely normal customer service from a dealer? Although I am joking I would never get rid of my Jimny due to that as I take mine to other garages who know their arse from their elbow as I cant say the same about my Suzuki dealer. Even if the prices are sky high and which I believe have peaked I just love having a quirky and absolutely fantastically serious 4x4 but somehow silly car at the same time. Life's to short to drives boring cars. Enjoy your German motorway basher! 

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
23 May 2021 10:55 #235285 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Jimny prices
On the way home from the locks we went to the chippie. There was a group of lads milling around in the car park and as they were taking an interest in Tonka I stayed in the car for security reasons. Eventually they moved off but as the walked past Tonka one of them grinned and gave me a double thumbs up.

I used to get the same when in my SJ.

Roger

More
23 May 2021 16:39 #235289 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny prices
The Jimny is a great fun vehicle in a sea of new car dullness.
We tried various cars before buying the Jimny. All were competent but none were inspiring.

For most people these days, that wouldn't matter, but we wanted something a bit different.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 May 2021 17:14 #235293 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny prices
In reality I don't see the prices being sustainable but unfortunately for me my need of a newer one put me at the mercy of the market. That said the only other option for me is a side by side quad bike and they just don't cut the mustard.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
23 May 2021 17:24 #235294 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic Re:Jimny prices
I'm very tempted to sell but I love driving this car so much!

If someone knocked on my door and offered me £23k+ cash, I'm not sure I could resist.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds