BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

A jimny competior

More
12 Mar 2021 17:31 #233682 by Roy
A jimny competior was created by Roy
Spotted a pic of the new Lada Niva, could be a rival to our beloved Jimny, £14000 plus vat.  
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Mar 2021 17:38 #233683 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic A jimny competior
I love those. A mate had one years ago and never would sell it me despite my best efforts.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
12 Mar 2021 17:44 #233684 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic A jimny competior
Always liked them, a real alternative especially as the new Jimny has become overpriced . It's also got a 1.7 engine, could be a good caravan tug and a viable alternative if my Jimny rots out. Hope it actually happens.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Groundworker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2021 18:07 #233685 by Groundworker
Replied by Groundworker on topic A jimny competior
Trialled against a few in the eighties/nineties. Very capable but couldn't go near water, conked out straight away. One guy boasted how he'd solved it by fixing a Tesco carrier bag around the distributor, into the water and it died, dragged it out and carrier bag had come off and gone over the air intake. Genius!

More
12 Mar 2021 18:30 #233687 by Scimike
Marigold rubber glove and silicon grease is much better than a Tesco bag, apparently

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Groundworker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2021 20:16 #233691 by Groundworker
Replied by Groundworker on topic A jimny competior
Not as funny though, made us all laugh...

More
12 Mar 2021 22:59 #233695 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic A jimny competior
I'd love one just becuase of what it is, but it has less power and a lower towing capacity than a Jimny so it's a no from me.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Mar 2021 03:18 #233698 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic A jimny competior
I was looking at that on the importers website and it only mentions unbraked towing between 300 and 600 kg which I thought was for the 3 door and 5 door variant? Do you know what it is with brakes?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
13 Mar 2021 08:21 #233699 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic A jimny competior
The mechanic I went to where I used to live had one in to work on. He was not complimentary about it.

More
13 Mar 2021 08:22 #233700 by Scimike
It's difficult to be 100% sure, certainly the older vehicle was 1000kg braked. The present one appears to be more.  I have seen (just quoting the internet) - 2016 on ---  unbraked towing capacity of 400 kg and a braked towing capacity of 1490 kg.
Even 1000kg is OK for me as my caravan is only 850kg and it's ok on the back of my 1.3 Suzuki which has similar BHP.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
13 Mar 2021 09:38 #233702 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic A jimny competior
If it was still available in RHD like the old one, we'd have one!

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

More
13 Mar 2021 10:00 #233703 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic A jimny competior
Sadly LHD only, otherwise I'd have had one years ago.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds