BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Terry is at it again.....

More
12 Feb 2021 20:22 #232733 by Jimny Dr
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2021 20:40 #232734 by gv42
Replied by gv42 on topic Terry is at it again.....
Terry and Reece your work is Skillfully Crafted and good Workmanship in all the work you do .

More
12 Feb 2021 20:46 #232735 by Jimny Dr
Replied by Jimny Dr on topic Terry is at it again.....
Gv42
thats a very nice message to receive from you many thanks 
we do fully enjoy working on these little gems an both believe they need to be saved
take care 
the doc

• gazmo66
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2021 21:16 #232736 by gazmo66
Replied by gazmo66 on topic Terry is at it again.....
Nice to see those final images from yourselves Doc, its been quite a strange feeling watching my truck get its new lease of life, everything has been done remotely as due to covid restrictions I couldn't get to see the work progressing, not even once. As you might imagine I've spent some pennies getting this work performed completely remotely, but the Doctors (there's more than one) have kept me in the picture all the way, I really feel that there's great quality of work going on, the body has been swapped for one in good condition and thats been fettled to enhance its life, now own an early jimny thats got zero rust and won't have any for years. I got some high standards to meet, I'm going to repaint the chassis at the rear and there's going to be a motorsport approved roll cage fitted, this has yet to be designed, manufactured and fitted. I want to add a tray back to give a racy look and add some practicality, there's obviously no luggage carrying capacity in the cab so some waterproof box for recovery equipment? And a bag of shopping from tescos!
Please offer any ideas or suggestions, I welcome them, its going to take a little while and the trucks going to be used as a daily driver in the meantime hence to temporary mudguards and trailer board. Cheers to Terry and son for their excellent work great value and exactly what I wanted. Stay safe.

More
13 Feb 2021 06:42 #232743 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Terry is at it again.....
gazmo66 - Didn't remember about the lights and arches until I saw yours ready to go, got a problem with copying links so this is the best I could do I'm afraid....

The blue flaps are from Demon Tweeks.....

Hope this helps, good luck with the build...

sniper
Attachments:

• gazmo66
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2021 17:44 #232857 by gazmo66
Thanks sniper, that'll do nicely, I've been messing about with it today, trying to get the rear chassis looking better and protected, not easy trying to get a grinder or drill into all the nooks and crannies, it needs blasting to do it properly, new shocks on the back too cause the current ones are definitely passed their sell by date and its off for mot tomorrow, wish me luck!

• gazmo66
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2021 18:26 #233686 by gazmo66
Hi All, 
the cage is progressing,  things have stalled s little as work can't always be done when you want it, I've managed to aquire some tyres and got the  lights suggested by sniper (thanks) you can probably see I've got to get some more tyres but I had to get the wheels to fit them to first. Some aluminium chequer plate and some paint and it'll be almost there.
Attachments:

More
12 Mar 2021 19:17 #233690 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Terry is at it again.....
Looks great gazmo, one thing occurred to me.... You might want to consider putting the spare wheel on the drivers side..... you'd have a much better view out the back.....

sniper

• gazmo66
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2021 22:16 #233693 by gazmo66
Thanks sniper, there was great consideration given to the spare wheel location, it was decided to go on the left like that so not to be standing in the road removing it if needed. To be honest, I wanted it in the middle at the back but that would've blocked the rear view mirror. I drove it this evening and it doesn't block any of the mirrors.

More
14 Mar 2021 18:08 #233729 by Jimny Dr
Replied by Jimny Dr on topic Terry is at it again.....
Hi gazmo66 
wow that looks a great job, the guys look like they well on top of the cage building, and I will keep there number in my book the future.
Love the design and how it’s sat on the chassis, it’s going to look fantastic when it’s all painted up and trimmed out with the bits and bobs on the back 
looking forward to seeing the finished project and pleased we’ve been involved in the process 
keep safe mate 
the doc

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds