BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny commercial

More
22 Jul 2021 13:27 #236879 by Coco BT
nice! but pricey, and not fit for my purpose - small dog as a passenger.
Maybe once I make the rear of the commercial a little more comfortable, these would be a better option

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2021 16:26 #236885 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic Jimny commercial
So, the dealership that said they had thousands of enquiries and had sold out their allocation, Anthony Betts, now have their 'demo' for sale at £25k. Customers losing out again...

More
22 Jul 2021 17:29 #236886 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Jimny commercial
That's interesting as my dealership said that all demo models have to be returned to Suzuki when requested.

Roger

More
22 Jul 2021 20:23 #236892 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic Jimny commercial
it's only a 'demo model' being sold for 'Market Value Sir' if the dealer chooses to go down that unethical route.
Think about it, why would you want to have a demonstrator for a model that's in very limited short supply.

More
22 Jul 2021 20:41 #236893 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Jimny commercial

Roger Fairclough wrote: That's interesting as my dealership said that all demo models have to be returned to Suzuki when requested.

Roger

There are two types of "demo". One is a car partly or fully funded by Suzuki, the other is a dealer purchased car to run on their demo/loan fleet. The first has to go back to Suzuki or be purchased at the end of the demo. The second can be sold wherever the dealer wants, it seems some have spent nearly 10 whole minutes on the demo fleet!

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
22 Jul 2021 23:56 #236896 by Trakito1
    Heres the eacape gear seat covers I fitted today. I like them a lot.
Attachments:

More
23 Jul 2021 15:22 #236908 by Coco BT
they do look nice. Was just looking at the charcoal version. Shipping tho!!

More
23 Jul 2021 15:40 #236909 by Coco BT
i would eventually want the armrest from the above shop. So may look odd with different colour seat covers

• GSD
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jul 2021 19:05 - 23 Jul 2021 19:06 #236913 by GSD
Replied by GSD on topic Re:Jimny commercial - driving position
Hi all. New member and great to be here :)

I’m looking at getting a Jimny commercial. I’ve spent the afternoon calling up various dealers to see whether they’ve got any in stock, what they’re selling at and what the waiting list process looks like.

In summary:

1. A few dealers have 1-2 Jimmy’s in stock and selling these pre-registered for ~£25k. They mention the market is dictating the prices and they regularly check autotrader and base their prices accordingly. These are also the ones saying I’ve got no chance buying at list so this is my only option!

2. Some dealers refused to take my name down and said no more allocations, sorry.

3. Some dealers are taking a refundable £500 deposit and are quoting a 12-18 month wait (they said I’d have to do this with every dealer). They are selling at list.

4. Some dealers have kindly put me on their list without a deposit and said they’ll call once they have more stock. They will sell at list.

5. A lot of dealers said their demo cars will either go back to Suzuki or they will sell in 2-3 months time, so best to phone back then to check.

I refuse to pay a premium so I’ve put my name down at those dealers from point 4 above. As I’m in no rush I’m more than happy to wait.

It was an interesting exercise and I was surprised to see the variation in selling methods (and also how open some were about over charging).

Anyway, just thought I’d share my experiences with you guys. Look forward to spending more time on here and learning about this unique car which is driving so much inconsistent dealer behaviour!
Last edit: 23 Jul 2021 19:06 by GSD.

More
23 Jul 2021 19:22 #236914 by mlines
The good news is that Suzuki is starting to talk of next year's allocations now

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
23 Jul 2021 19:50 #236916 by PHB1969
I contacted 3 dealers a while back.
First said Suzuki GB have taken all their allocation.....seems strange
Second put me on a “long” list
Third.....well I’m third on their list, their demo has just been delivered and car 1 is imminent. They may only be getting 2 this year so may be next year before my allocation comes round. Also at rrp and not inflated.

More
25 Jul 2021 21:22 #236973 by dafydd
I removed the mesh today and the two stays, leaving the steel bulkhead in place. The bulkhead is now only kept in place by the bottom nuts and is flexible enough to move a few mm which allows the driving seat to move back. Yet to drive it on a long journey but the new seating position so far is a big improvement.
Daf

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds