BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny commercial

More
19 Jul 2021 22:00 #236821 by dafydd
Re - seating position
The YouTube showing the guy removing the mesh and bulkhead was excellent - thanks for the heads up. I think I will remove them and see if I can reverse the mesh using spacers as suggested by Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2021 03:42 #236822 by mlines

dafydd wrote: Re - seating position
The YouTube showing the guy removing the mesh and bulkhead was excellent - thanks for the heads up. I think I will remove them and see if I can reverse the mesh using spacers as suggested by Martin

I went out for a closer look. As someone said, even if the mesh is removed or repositioned the steel panel below fouls the seat back. The only quick and easy way would be to remove the lot. Spacing the mesh away looks to be problematic as the existing captive nuts would get in the way

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coco BT

More
20 Jul 2021 07:58 #236824 by Roger Fairclough
Startin of Redditch charge list.

Roger

More
20 Jul 2021 12:41 #236831 by Axholme Lion
Hi Lydia, Baden Powell at Scunthorpe are charging the proper RRP. That's where i have ordered a commercial from. They do take a deposit to stop time wasters but it's returnable if you change your mind. I have already turned down a white one, it just depends on the colours they are allocated and what people on the list want.

More
20 Jul 2021 21:39 #236840 by Trakito1
After removing the bulkhead and the mesh weeks ago, i tried to refit both with the mesh angled backwards but unable to as it attaches to the bulkhead to keep it in place. Both parts are dependent on each other to keep in place. I refitted both in the original configuration and just about found the most comfortable seat position. Not taken it for a long drive though so only time will tell.

More
20 Jul 2021 22:02 #236841 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic Re:Jimny commercial
Just started following your SZ4 commercial journey/ mods
DRL will be ordered next week, then the roof trim.
Is there any option to upgrade the headlight (bulbs?) as yet?

More
21 Jul 2021 16:44 #236851 by Coco BT
any recommendations for mud flaps and seat covers?
Sorry, I'm sure it's been covered a few times

Thanks

More
21 Jul 2021 18:06 #236854 by tim04
Replied by tim04 on topic Jimny commercial
I took a bit of a detour on my motorbike today and saw my Jimny on the back of transporter outside the dealership waiting to be unloaded....well, it would have been if the car transporter hadn't shed either its diesel or hydraulic fluid over the road. I spoke to the salesman and the driver was waiting for a technician to arrive. Looks like its going to be Monday for handover. White was a colour I was trying to avoid, but having seen it today I like it!

Attachments:

More
21 Jul 2021 21:37 #236856 by Trakito1
Replied by Trakito1 on topic Re:Jimny commercial
I ordered Escape Gear seat covers from South Africa which arrived today. Shipping wasn’t cheap, neither were the taxes and duties. The heavy cotton canvass looks great, reminiscent of melville and moon stuff I used to have on my Landy. Will fit tomorrow and share a pic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coco BT

More
21 Jul 2021 22:11 #236857 by Coco BT
thanks, was looking at the UK Rhino ones.

More
22 Jul 2021 12:53 #236877 by mlines
Just received from Suzuki a complimentary copy of that popular top shelf magazine "what van" :)

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
22 Jul 2021 13:10 #236878 by Gadget
Regarding seat covers, it depends on what you want them for.

The Escape Gear covers are brilliant as a wear-resistant, closely fitted cover that looks good. I've had mine fitted for a couple of years and they're brilliant. I find the heavy cotton canvas more comfy than the standard upholstery, it breaks in over time, prevents static shocks when getting out of the car and is cool in summer and warm in winter.

Having said all that, they're expensive and not the right choice if you're looking for covers that are waterproof, are likely to get covered in mud or if you want covers that you can remove regularly to wash. For a car that's likely to get filthy, then a cheaper, looser fit, waterproof cover like the Rhino ones is a better bet, although they won't offer the same fit or comfort.

I'm tempted to get a Rhino one to fit when offroading, just to keep my Escape gear covers clean! 
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds