BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny commercial

More
16 Oct 2021 20:23 #239458 by Fossie
Speaking to a daughters boyfriend who is works at a car dealership ( of many marques) he says that they are buying second hand cars in higher priced than usual because of the lack of new cars coming in means that trade ins which is an important additional revenue source. Consequently people looking for newer or later cars are restricted to choice so are a captive audience.
Hence price hikes .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2021 01:48 #239459 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Re:Jimny commercial - driving position
over 40 lcv jimnys on autotrader this morning. Lack of cars my Ar%e. Just a bunch of thieves. Don't buy one, wait & get a 70 plate for £15/16K next year. Only 2 seats no good for a family. 4 seaters will hold a higher price not the lcv.

More
17 Oct 2021 13:38 #239475 by No Stock Available
There is a lack of cars in general, I Work at a suzuki garage and any new car orders are now due to us in march.

The prices of the Jimny's wont really drop much at all still limited numbers coming through and only 400 for next year maybe so dont expect prices to drop much.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2021 15:15 #239477 by Grima
Limited numbers !!!!! Dealers buying there own cars when they should be selling them to the public. Then ask stupid prices and blame it on "LIMITED NUMBERS" I own three Suzuki cars and will not be buying another one.

More
17 Oct 2021 17:34 #239482 by Foxtrot

Limited numbers !!!!! Dealers buying there own cars when they should be selling them to the public. Then ask stupid prices and blame it on "LIMITED NUMBERS" I own three Suzuki cars and will not be buying another one.

Bang on with that comment, I won't darken a Suzuki doorstep ever again and I have had 5 new Suzuki over the years. The dealerships are making hay whilst the sun shines and treating their customers as fools. However the damage has now been done, Suzuki has rekindled the 1970s dodgy car salesman reputation for themselves and it will take a long time to regain the customers trust. Suzuki GB should have nipped this bad practice in the bud by threatening to remove their franchise for potential brand damage even though it is not illegal to buy and sell them as second hand.

More
18 Oct 2021 06:50 #239488 by Axholme Lion
It's not Suzuki's fault though is it. There are plenty of dealers out there who are still doing the decent thing. Just shop around.

More
18 Oct 2021 07:36 #239489 by No Stock Available
Its not just the dealers fault the prices, Plenty of individuals are selling them privately for 25k plus

So some dealers are saying why are we selling them to certain people who are just making profits when we could have that profit.

Suzuki have threatened to take stock off certain dealers who are doing this but its just a threat they wont do it as its mostly the big hitters who hit the targets.

More
18 Oct 2021 07:53 - 18 Oct 2021 08:02 #239490 by lightning
As above.

The car dealer is not your "friend". l discovered this years ago, after buying several new VW's from the same dealer, l discovered it had not generated any "goodwill" at all, and l was treated no better than someone who just walked in for the first time.

They are a business, in it to make money, if they can sell a vehicle for £30,000 they won't sell it for £20,000

Why would they? So that someone can buy it from them (most likely another dealer) and sell it for £30,000

l've seen this happen more than once. My local dealer "did the decent thing" and retailed their SZ5 Jimnys at £20,000

The order book was instantly crammed with speculators who bought the vehicles and put them straight on Auto Trader for thousands more.

So you couldn't get one anyway, l was on the waiting list 18 months, l eventually ended up paying £24,000 from a private seller.

So long as people are paying £30,000 the dealers will advertise them at that price.

The only way it will change is, people will stop paying that price, then prices will fall as dealers and private sellers compete to sell their vehicles.
 But at the moment there seems to be a lot of money around, for instance there's over 12 months wait for a new Defender which starts at over £50,000.
And guess what? Dealers are selling used ones at over list price
Last edit: 18 Oct 2021 08:02 by lightning.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2021 20:12 #239511 by Grima
Simple, nobody buy one for 12 months & save yourself ten grand. Problem is the sheep are weak. This is what the vultures pray on. Vote with your wallet.

More
19 Oct 2021 09:07 #239515 by Axholme Lion
The thing is though there must be people out there happy to pay £30K or they wouldn't be for sale at that price. It's supply and demand. Personally i think anyone paying £30K for a Jimny wants there head looking at. I recently got offered £28K as a PX against a new Subaru but decided after a weekend of turmoil to keep the Jimny because i'll never get another to replace it for decent money. Also any SZ5 will be second hand and i've had this from new.

More
20 Oct 2021 10:11 #239534 by dafydd
Lets not tarnish all dealerships with the same brush. My local Suzuki garage (Threeways, Abergele) promised to contact me when they had a Jimny Commercial coming in as I was the very first name on their waiting list. They were true to their word and sold it to me for the list price - I even saw their waiting list and the sixth name down was one of their own staff. So lets applaud the 'good guys'.

More
20 Oct 2021 12:40 #239535 by Axholme Lion
This is true. Mrs A works at our local dealership and we had to wait our turn in the queue for our SZ5. I was miffed because we missed out on Kinetic and ended up with white, but no favoritism was shown.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds