BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Seat covers

• Gilling Red
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jan 2021 09:11 #231783 by Gilling Red
Seat covers was created by Gilling Red
Has anybody purchased seat covers from Escape Gear in South Africa ? After recomendations on here I sent £204 on the 4th of January and have not had any delivery info or correspondence since, sent a couple of EM.s no responce as yet ????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Jan 2021 10:26 #231787 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Seat covers
From what I have read about them they are usually very good. It could be a covid19 thing, not making excuses for them but?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
14 Jan 2021 11:25 - 14 Jan 2021 11:26 #231789 by lookonimages
Replied by lookonimages on topic Re:Seat covers
They are extremely good.

Please remember most places open on 7th only in South Africa and yes we do expereience a very strick lockdown.

Pop them a mail, they are normally very quick to respond.
If you not getting feedback. I am in south africa and can try and help. They just 40 or so kilos from me.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk
Last edit: 14 Jan 2021 11:26 by lookonimages.

More
14 Jan 2021 11:28 #231790 by RumbleAndSway
Replied by RumbleAndSway on topic Seat covers
Escape Gear supplied my seat and wheel covers. Excellent products and faultless service.

Suspect the delay is due to the shipping challenges affecting all providers.

• Gilling Red
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jan 2021 11:44 #231791 by Gilling Red
Replied by Gilling Red on topic Seat covers
As stated no delivery info or response to emails. Also deliver was £60. Would have expected better than this.

More
14 Jan 2021 11:52 #231792 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Seat covers
I was going to order a pair of seat covers, but that £60 delivery cost that you just mentioned has put me off!

More
14 Jan 2021 16:09 #231800 by RumbleAndSway
From Front Runner this morning: “ upon arrival of the goods in in the UK, you will be charged UK Governmental charges (VAT, customs and duties) due to Brexit.”

Appears we can expect to pay more and wait longer when ordering from abroad.

Fjallraven another example, I have an order outstanding from December. They have been good communicators but have challenges with Couriers. DPD specifically.

More
14 Jan 2021 16:12 #231801 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Seat covers

RumbleAndSway wrote: From Front Runner this morning: “ upon arrival of the goods in in the UK, you will be charged UK Governmental charges (VAT, customs and duties) due to Brexit.”

Fjallraven another example, I have an order outstanding from December. They have been good communicators but have challenges with Couriers. DPD specifically.

S. Africa was not in the EU. So you would have potentially paid import duty AND VAT previously. This is no different. I really wish people would stop posting made up nonesense about Brexit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan

More
14 Jan 2021 16:24 #231802 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Seat covers

300bhpton wrote:

RumbleAndSway wrote: From Front Runner this morning: “ upon arrival of the goods in in the UK, you will be charged UK Governmental charges (VAT, customs and duties) due to Brexit.”

S. Africa was not in the EU. So you would have potentially paid import duty AND VAT previously. This is no different. I really wish people would stop posting made up nonesense about Brexit.

Correct, as the tariff regime stays the same the cost of the item should stay the same. What changes is the level of paperwork required by the importer/exporter and some couriers are delaying work whilst they get to understand how it is all going to work. The only area I have seen significant price increases is in the courier charges themselves. This appeared to be when Parcelforce/Royal Mail/Hermes/GLS/UPS/DHL temporarily withdrew services due to overloading (I had parcels returned from the local depot stating that they are not going to ship them). The remaining couriers doubled their prices overnight (£21 courier became £42 courier). You currently would be pushed to find a mainstream courier below £50 for a lot of services. I am sure this will sort itself out pretty quickly, I have already seen courier prices dropping again as services are restored.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Jan 2021 16:50 #231806 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Seat covers
Delivery services are a pretty cutthroat bunch and I would honestly expect price falls sooner rather than later.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
14 Jan 2021 17:11 #231810 by RumbleAndSway
Front Runner is in Germany and this is a direct cut and paste from them.

Nobody mentioned Brexit.

More
14 Jan 2021 18:14 #231817 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Seat covers
Well I have not been charged vat ( on top of the EU vat- 19% for Germany) Sounds like they might have got it wrong for single shipped items to a consumer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds