BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Bullbar

• Lasse
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2021 14:26 #231449 by Lasse
Bullbar was created by Lasse
Hey guys
Which bullbar should I choose??? The ARB or the Ironman ?

Any pros and cons? Weight, cost, install...

Thanks
Hope you’re all have a great new year..

Lasse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Jan 2021 15:25 #231450 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Bullbar
It depends on where you live. Australia or Africa then whichever you prefer. UK and Europe then there's legal and moral implications for fitting a full bull bar as opposed to a winch bumper.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
03 Jan 2021 16:27 #231453 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Bullbar
Hi,
Bull bars don't get fitted that often in the UK, so you may need to wait a bit for those that have them fitted to reply. Weight is one of the big issues I can see, so if I had a need for one I would be looking at the scales to see which is the lighter offering.
On a purely personal note, my favourite looking one of the two is the ARB, but that's just my opinion, they are very similar looking in the pictures I have seen.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Lasse
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2021 16:36 #231454 by Lasse
Replied by Lasse on topic Bullbar
I’m from Denmark and I actually don’t know what the rules are here.. I know you can buy both here in Denmark so I suppose both are legal.. I’m leaning towards the Ironman both for the look and it is 600£ cheaper - for that money I’ll can buy a good winch..

More
03 Jan 2021 18:46 #231458 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Bullbar
I have the Ironman one, they offer two styles. Both are the same, just the 'bar' part is different. I like the ARB one too. I doubt there is a lot of difference between them in reality. I haven't seen any published weights either. When first having it fitted I could notice it as soon as I drove it, but you get used to it and it is now normal. I don't have a winch yet, so that would add more weight.

More
03 Jan 2021 21:30 #231462 by crash486
Replied by crash486 on topic Re:Bullbar
From a couple of Facebook posts in Australia...
Ironman bullbar
[  ] Bar 36kg
[  ] Winch mount 10.8kg
[  ] Fixings and brackets 9.2kg
[  ] Plates, centre and side 5.3

ARB
[  ] 45kg

crash486 JB74W

• Lasse
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jan 2021 10:41 #231519 by Lasse
Replied by Lasse on topic Bullbar
What defense did you notice on the weight?

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds