BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Exhaust design changes

More
30 Dec 2020 17:50 #231341 by Paul4A
My partner has a 1999 T registered Gen 3 Jimny with the old G13BB SOHC engine. The exhaust sounds as if it’s starting to blow but a quick look under did not find an obvious hole though the long pipe is definitely wearing thin near the back silencer box. The front part with the cat looks to be is very good condition.

Anyway, I looked on the euro car parts web site for a replacement long pipe and back box, just in case. I typed in the registration number and it correctly identified the details including the year. When clicking on exhaust it came up with new parts but when they were checked in detail it said they were suitable for 2000 and later year cars. That suggests that it may not fit ours. I assume that the engine and / or exhaust may have changed in 2000.

My question therefore is, is there any reference data that identifies the different exhaust designs and their dates of use? I obviously want to find parts that fit my car but others may also be interested.

Paul

1999 T registered Jimny. Early G13BB SOHC engine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Dec 2020 18:38 #231345 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Exhaust design changes
Martin has parts diagrams and numbers and should be able to provide correct information if you contact him with your vin details. It's also worth mentioning that my back box was half the price of eurocarparts.com from Suzuki.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
30 Dec 2020 19:27 #231350 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Exhaust design changes
I'm pretty sure the centre section and back box are the same up to 2004

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds