BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny's

More
07 Dec 2020 17:05 #230734 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic New Jimny's
We humans have yet to learn that to survive as a species we must learn to curb our incessant desire to expend and start RIGHT NOW to dramatically reduce the population to manageable levels. After WW2 the population of the UK was 45 million and now it's 65 million. Get the picture. It doesn't matter how much oil is left, we keep finding more and we will carry on finding more. It may cost more to extract but human greed will cope. What we can't cope with is the pollution that burning fossil fuel creates. Diesel will still be around in 20 years because lorries are still using it. I have gone from a 24 mpg dirty diesel to a much cleaner 43 mpg petrol. I'm 78 years old and the Jimny will probably see me out and Viv may buy an "In" motor in a few years to see to her needs.15 years ago our combined yearly mileage was circa. 20,000 and just prior to Covid it was down to 10,000. Electric cars have to replace oil and although the electricity in the UK is predominantly created using fossil fuel it is at least by cleaner methods. I have enjoyed driving diesel/petrol cars and I don't believe electric will give me as much satisfaction but I believe we had better get used to the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds