BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Re:Eibach 25mm pro lift springs

• Jamin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2020 15:40 #228504 by Jamin
Eibach 25mm pro lift springs was created by Jamin
Is anyone running these?

On a German Jimny forum quite a few are. They provide 25mm lift and don't require any other changes. The members there report a vast improvement in comfort and handling.

Tempted to get a set myself. Has anyone here used them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2020 16:09 #228505 by jackonlyjack

More
24 Sep 2020 16:52 #228506 by 300bhpton
I struggle to believe just a spring swap radically alters ride AND handling. I can see them partially impacting one or the other however.

More
24 Sep 2020 17:42 #228507 by DAGZOOK
I can't comment on how they bode fitted to the Jimny, although I can vouch for eibach's quality having fitted them to a previous car. Eibach and H&R are probably two of the finest quality suspension (spring) manufactures out there.

I'm sure fitted as an OE replacement, they'd surpass the quality of the OE springs. But as an off-road improvement, I don't think alone they'd make a night and day transformation. Coupled with a good quality OE length shock like trail master, Bilstein, AVO etc you've got the makings of a quality set up.

More
24 Sep 2020 17:54 #228508 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Eibach 25mm pro lift springs
I bought my car with 72k on it and the suspension was very tired. Having modified a few cars, I bought quality dampers (AVO adjustables) and standard springs (KYB). They made a massive improvement but I knew that there was more to be had.

Changing to Eibach pro lift +30mm was a massive improvement over the KYB, much more progressive and less bouncy, got rid of the skittish behaviour over fast bumps. KYB are a quality OE spring and supply many Jap manufacturers.

Eibach are just at the top of the tree, super quality and fantastic consistent performance. They supply many motorsport teams from rally to touring car.

300bhpton don't struggle with it, come and drive my car, once it is rolling, it can keep with most hot hatchbacks through tight & twisty B roads.
I recently raced a mate in his RangeRover Sport with four times my horse power, he could not get past me and he has got a 4k suspension package on his car...It's an absolute go-cart and the springs are a big part of it, if you don't know, you just don't know....

I am also happy to follow big tyre cars with massive lifts, all over the Lakes and Peaks on tough lanes, with no problems....

I run the springs with 15mm SuperPro seats giving 45mm lift in total. I'm going to 30' tyres soon with no plans to change the lift height or springs.

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK

More
24 Sep 2020 21:20 #228516 by 300bhpton
@sniper that’s my point. You have other mods as well. And importantly different dampers.

Mild lift springs alone are unlikely to make it ride and handle way better than stock.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Sep 2020 04:22 #228517 by Lambert
For the sake of due diligence I have been on the eibach site on the off chance of having missed something. Regardless of their reputation I wouldn't touch them with someone else's. I put in the model of Dreadnaught and looked at the listing and it says lift kit but doesn't mention how much, the spec section is generic for some kind of 40mm lowering kit, they make no mention of wire diameter, inside coil diameter or free height of the springs or even a compression rate. So unless I have missed something you'll spend 300 plus pounds on a set of springs that may lower your Jimny by 40mm or lift it by an unspecified amount by who knows what method that may or may not reduce articulation. Sorry but no. If a manufacturer wants my money they will have to be upfront about what I will get in return, I don't want to have to contact customer support just because marketing think vague is cool. I have Suplex and Monroe springs because I knew what I was buying before I bought it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Jamin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2020 09:40 #228521 by Jamin
Replied by Jamin on topic Eibach 25mm pro lift springs
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Eibach doesn't need marketing. They've cemented themself as a top manufacturer. These have TÜV approval and I see no reason to doubt the quality being higher than OEM or many other aftermarket offerings.

More
25 Sep 2020 10:28 #228522 by sniper
They were clearly identified as "Eibach Prolift +30mm" when I was looking at them and I think that says what they are. I didn't check wire diameter or number of coils. They were simply the best springs I could find, TUV plus "Eibach's" reputation was enough....

I got mine for £208 on eBay.pl with free postage but that was a couple of years ago.....

300bhpton springs do play a massive part in handling and suspension performance, 100% agree that as a package with quality dampers, you get the best from them but changing springs alone will bring improvement over standard, especially if they are high miles..... I think Eibach supplied them in a kit with Bilstein B6 dampers.

sniper

More
25 Sep 2020 11:17 #228525 by 300bhpton

Jamin wrote: I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Eibach doesn't need marketing. They've cemented themself as a top manufacturer. These have TÜV approval and I see no reason to doubt the quality being higher than OEM or many other aftermarket offerings.

Quality, maybe. Although would depend on the OEM in question.

Displaying the full specs is something very different though. If you don't really know what you are buying, how can you really know what to expect? Hiding info and not supplying it is unhelpful to many.

As for TUV, this means very little tbh and says nothing about the quality or performance. Only that they ticked a box for a process and paid a load of money to someone.

More
25 Sep 2020 11:54 #228526 by sniper
German type approval or TUV is much more than just a badge, it generally exceeds EU/BS norms and is very difficult to obtain. Full materials traceability and each part of the process is examined for consistency of performance. Heat treatment is a crucial part of spring steel performance and getting TUV consistency is very difficult to achieve.

I was a foundry engineer in the auto supply chain (Ford/JLR & BMW) and needed to meet those standards, constant QA and finite adjustments....

sniper

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Sep 2020 13:03 #228531 by Lambert
I stand by my comments. Simply stating, which they don't, what amount of lift a spring will give is not particularly helpful. I could achieve a 30mm lift with a suitable section of wagon spring that was made to the absolute best possible standard but it would not be good for articulation. Being afraid to publish the actual spec for the actual application is not what I expected from such a manufacturer.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds