BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Re:Eibach 25mm pro lift springs

More
25 Sep 2020 18:27 - 25 Sep 2020 18:29 #228553 by Quasi
Replied by Quasi on topic Eibach 25mm pro lift springs
It just took me 5 minutes to find the spring spec, on the TUV certificate by looking at Eibach's website www.eibach.de/en/fahrwerk/performance-tu...-performance-springs and ending up with this...
media.carparts-cat.com/pdf/Einbau/192545/112/E3080003.PDF
Technische Daten
Technical data
VORDERACHSE
FRONT AXLE
Kennzeichnung:
Identification 31-80-003-02-FA
Feder-Charakteristik
Characteristic lineare
Außendurchmesser (mm)
Outer diameter 105
Drahtdurchmesser (mm)
Wire diameter 11,25
ungespannte Federlänge
untensioned length 360
Gesamtwindungszahl
Total number of coils 9,25
Technische Daten
Technical data
HINTERACHSE
REAR AXLE
Federausführung hinten
Spring version rear 31-80-003-02-RA
Feder-Charakteristik
Characteristic lineare
Außendurchmesser (mm)
Outer diameter 107
Drahtdurchmesser (mm)
Wire diameter 11,25
ungespannte Federlänge
untensioned length 308
Gesamtwindungszahl
Total number of coils 7,75
Last edit: 25 Sep 2020 18:29 by Quasi. Reason: added spec to make lie easy
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Sep 2020 06:42 #228559 by Lambert
Ok thanks. That's what I feared. They are using a thicker wire instead of a longer free length. That's fine for either a heavier truck or a firmer on road ride but it does nothing for articulation. If they were offering a longer free length with the standard wire diameter and an extra half coil etc that'd make sense for an off road capable vehicle. Couple with something like a trailmaster or AVO damper and winner winner chicken dinner.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Busta

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Sep 2020 06:50 #228560 by Lambert
Also why not openly publish that information on the sales page linked by the product finder, why hide it in the depths of the tuv certification? OK it took you 5 minutes to find it but to me it's just another reason to not buy.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
26 Sep 2020 09:26 #228563 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Eibach 25mm pro lift springs
I don't think you would choose Eibach if off road performance was a priority, they are definitely road biased and 30mm isn't really much of a lift target. Thats why I run 15mm seats... Having said that, I do off road them and they perform without fault.

Wire diameter, free length and coil numbers are all pretty much irrelevant to the end user. Stance and performance are the benchmarks by which the vast majority of users will judge them.

The car sat higher, the car cornered better and it handled the off roading I do without complaint. What the specs say had no impact at all....

The Eibach name and +30mm were enough information for me to buy.... each to their own I suppose.....

sniper

• Jamin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Dec 2020 19:50 #230853 by Jamin
Replied by Jamin on topic Eibach 25mm pro lift springs
Hi all,

I'm fitting the Eibach springs on Monday. Will report back.

• DavidWalsh
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jan 2021 12:33 #231425 by DavidWalsh
Replied by DavidWalsh on topic Eibach 25mm pro lift springs
Hey Jamin, just wondering how thees springs worked out for you?

More
02 Jan 2021 14:19 #231429 by Roger Fairclough
They are also linear rate instead of progressive. I fitted progressive rate springs to my TLC and got the best of both worlds.

Roger

More
03 Jan 2021 10:48 #231441 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Eibach 25mm pro lift springs

Roger Fairclough wrote: They are also linear rate instead of progressive. I fitted progressive rate springs to my TLC and got the best of both worlds.

Roger

Progressive springs are great for performance cars where you can have good cornering performance without losing plushness on the road, but for an off road vehicle they work back to front. For good road manners we want shorter travel, stiffer springs to control body roll and off road we want long travel soft springs to absorb big bumps and give good articulation. Progressive springs are soft for the first part of the travel making a top heavy car wobbly at low speeds, and then get progressively stiffer as you use more of the travel, killing articulation and off-road ride quality.

More
03 Jan 2021 10:52 #231442 by Roger Fairclough
I am speaking from experience, not hearsay.

Roger

• Jamin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jan 2021 21:54 #232016 by Jamin
Ownership report after several weeks : wow!

It drives better in all conditions. The springs provided quite a bit of lift, more than expected. The Jimny sits much higher than on the old stock springs. But the ride; it's better from a to z. Small bumps no longer jar the car, the springs ride over them like a car almost. The medium-high speed cornering and stability is miles better, much stiffer and less body roll.

Stock springs are both harsh on bumps and very soft and rolly. The Eibachs are the exact opposite.

Stock shocks are still retained at the moment, and I have no doubt the improvements will only increase with new shocks.
I recommend to anyone.

More
20 Jan 2021 22:36 #232017 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Eibach 25mm pro lift springs
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It sounds like a big improvement Out of interest, what is the age and mileage of the vehicle you've fitted them to? I've found the standard springs do get tired and sag, especially the rears. It seems common on vehicles like the Jimny that use springs made with relatively thin wire and widely spaced coils. That would explain the bigger than expected difference in ride height and perhaps will have contributed to the poor ride quality.

• Jamin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jan 2021 22:38 #232018 by Jamin
2002 with 130,000KM

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds