BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen 4 radio software update

More
23 Oct 2020 15:49 #229432 by stuartmc
For anyone with a more than passing interest in the Gen4 Infotainment system XDA Developers have a forum thread about it including how to update maps which BTW need a special SD card. Have a look here forum.xda-developers.com/general/connect...suzuki-slda-t3326937

2020 SZ5 Auto, 2019 Vitara GLX 1.4T AT AllGrip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2021 14:35 #237514 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic Gen 4 Radio Software Update
Does anyone know how ti enter the PIN on the SZ4 Commercial?  
removed the battery last night, SECURITY on the head unit. Apparently, it's the last 4 digits of the Chasis?
I have a 9 in mine, presets go up to 6, manual isn't much help 

TIA 

More
12 Aug 2021 14:40 #237515 by lightning
Have you tried your local Suzuki dealer, they will surely know.

More
12 Aug 2021 15:05 #237517 by Coco BT
apologies, sorted. Some up-down action with the keys. Found the instruction once I put my specs on

More
12 Aug 2021 15:06 #237518 by Coco BT
nah they didn't. It's in the manual tho, last 4 digits of your vin - then-secret series of events to enter it.

More
25 Sep 2021 19:18 #238941 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Gen 4 Radio Software Update
Is the "Bosch_SLDA_EU_1880_190821.rar" update the one that the dealerships should be putting on the SZ5 infotainment system?

A quick web search doesn't show anything but a Russian website from 2016.

More
05 Apr 2022 20:38 #242765 by Bill Portland
Can anyone confirm the latest SZ5 update version no.? As my car's about to come out of warranty I thought I'd best get the latest version installed. 

More
02 Mar 2024 13:13 #254750 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Gen 4 radio software update
My SLDA is running 1880_190821 anyone know if that is the latest version?

The map card is 39921-54PA4, I think they are on to A8 now. I have seen them for sale for as little as £17, claim to be genuine.

Some suppliers have a Map SD and others have an upgrade SD with A8 Maps, is there any difference?

Also does anyone know how to combine Maps and Music (MP3) on to the same card, is it as simple as copying the Map data over?

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
02 Mar 2024 19:29 #254760 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Gen 4 radio software update
We bought an SD online (Maps) and it worked perfectly and as you say they are £20 ish.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
03 Mar 2024 14:07 #254773 by stuartmc
You can't use a standard SD card for this. It needs to be a CID modifiable card and these are quite dificult to obtain and modify which is why it is so much easier just to buy the upgraded SD card from eBay.

2020 SZ5 Auto, 2019 Vitara GLX 1.4T AT AllGrip

More
03 Mar 2024 17:21 #254774 by DrRobin
Thanks, I found this out last night after a long read on XDA forum.

Seems there is a company in Europe which sells SD cards that they can set the CID to a custom value. I have found out what the CID is so might order a 32GB card then pop the maps and music on the same card.

The Samsung cards which you can rewrite the CID have to be done from either Android (I am on iPhone) or Linux, which I do have but it’s in a Virtual Machine and I am not sure it will work as the drives are mounted via Windows.

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
12 Mar 2024 18:26 #255037 by DrRobin

We bought an SD online (Maps) and it worked perfectly and as you say they are £20 ish.

Martin, a couple of quick questions:

Did you buy a card 39921-54PA8 and did that get recognised by firmware 1880?  Or did you buy one of the 'upgrade cards'?

The reason for asking is that I bought a 32GB SD card with custom CID, that works, but the maps I downloaded (Europe 2023v1) won't load as it says I have to update my main firmware first, not sure I want to do this.  I suspect the map files I downloaded are meant for another Suzuki SLDA head unit that has different carrier of firmware installed.

I have also seen cards with Speed Cameras included, but they don't mention Jimny, not sure if yours included the speed cameras?

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds