BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny Meetings

More
05 Sep 2020 13:17 #227764 by Jimny-Phil
Jimny Meetings was created by Jimny-Phil
Just wondered if there are any “regular” Jimny meetings, get together or social events held anywhere around the UK?

I realise that there is the annual meeting organised by Martin, but are there any other events, that are not necessarily just aimed at off-roading?

I’ve belonged to car clubs, for other cars, in the past (and still do) and they have events just to meet up, sometimes in a pub, sometimes just for a general chat and compare cars and ideas and sometimes meet as a group at other car shows / events etc etc

I’ve looked around the internet but can’t find anything along these lines so I’m thinking that there either isn’t anything or I’m just not good at looking!

Or has it been tried and there is not enough interest in it... or are all owners located so far apart that it makes meeting up logistically impossible?... or is it assumed that all Jimny owners are only interested in off-road events?

Any comments?

PJ

2020 Brisk Blue JB74 SZ5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2020 13:39 #227765 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Jimny Meetings
Where abouts are you based?
North West Overlander has a monthly meet in a pub in the Preston area.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Sep 2020 13:47 #227768 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny Meetings
I tried to get a Yorkshire pub meet going but it never gained any traction.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
05 Sep 2020 14:05 #227769 by Jimny-Phil
Replied by Jimny-Phil on topic Jimny Meetings

Soeley wrote: Where abouts are you based?
North West Overlander has a monthly meet in a pub in the Preston area.

I’m in Staffordshire, so a bit far to Preston... I wondered if distances were the problem, with relatively few Jimnys about

PJ

2020 Brisk Blue JB74 SZ5

More
05 Sep 2020 14:34 #227770 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Jimny Meetings
Might struggle with a Jimny regular meet because of distance like you say. The NW Overlander club is any 4x4 although 4 of us have Gen4s and there is a Gen3 as well, then it is a mix of Defenders, Discovery's and pickups.

More
05 Sep 2020 18:34 #227786 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Jimny Meetings
GLASS area reps. usually organise monthly meetings at a pub. The 4x4 you drive is irrelevant although Land-Rover guys are usually in the majority, but don't let that worry you.

Roger

More
05 Sep 2020 19:27 #227792 by Jimny-Phil
Doesn’t GLASS stand for “Green Laning Association?... if it does then even though the meeting is in a pub, presumably it’s main aim is going to be off-road activities... It’s not that I’ve anything against such activities, but as per my original post I was really looking to see if there was anything with less overall emphasis on off-reading

PJ

2020 Brisk Blue JB74 SZ5

More
05 Sep 2020 20:51 #227797 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Jimny Meetings
Yes, GLASS is the Green Lane Association but they don't just talk shop. If you join and go to a meeting then there is nothing to stop you talking about other things, sports, TV programs whatever takes your fancy.

Roger

More
05 Sep 2020 21:07 #227800 by Jimny-Phil
Roger... I really don't think we are on the same wavelength here... I could talk about other things if I joined a ballet club, but it would be somewhat strange joining if I had little or no interest in ballet... I think the same applies to a green laneing club!... as I said I've nothing against off-roading, its just not a priority for me right now

PJ

2020 Brisk Blue JB74 SZ5

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds