BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

OWL choices

• Jimnyz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Sep 2020 03:37 #227697 by Jimnyz
OWL choices was created by Jimnyz
What are your thoughts on Outline White Lettering on tyres? I have to make a decision for inside (not visible) or outside (OWL visible).

It's for a Jungle Green gen4 and the Lettering would read "Hankook Dynapro AT2".

What decision did you guys make and why?
Is it just too showy? The Jimny already stands out as it is, but would the retro styling make it work?

Thanks for any advice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
04 Sep 2020 05:45 #227699 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic OWL choices
Not an option on my current tyre but if it had been it would most definitely have been on show, I may be in a minority though.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Sep 2020 05:58 #227700 by GeorgeC
Replied by GeorgeC on topic OWL choices

Jimnyz wrote: What are your thoughts on Outline White Lettering on tyres?
I have to make a decision for inside (not visible) or outside (OWL visible).
It's for a Jungle Green gen4 and the Lettering would read "Hankook Dynapro AT2".
What decision did you guys make and why?
Is it just too showy? The Jimny already stands out as it is, but would the retro styling make it work?
Thanks for any advice!

For me its just basic First Year Apprentice training.
Manufacturer's Mark is always "UP" (not down) and "OUT" (not in), etc. It fitted any other way I would consider them to be incorrectly fitted and take them back!
Also there is a coloured dot on the OUT-side side-wall to line up with the balance mark (sometimes the valve) on the rim.

More
04 Sep 2020 06:20 #227702 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic OWL choices
Have them whichever way you want. It's your car! I have mine white lettering out but my dad always has his white lettering in. When I fitted a set of all terrains on my MX5 I didn't know what would look best so I put one side out and one side in.

More
04 Sep 2020 06:54 #227703 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic OWL choices
Totally your choice, if you like it then it doesn't really mater what others think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

More
04 Sep 2020 08:02 #227705 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic OWL choices
I chose to hide mine.

When I say 'I', what I actually mean is that my wife saw the white lettering and said 'eurgh, you're not going to be able to see those are you?' :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
04 Sep 2020 08:58 #227708 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic OWL choices
Personally I like the white lettering. Also I think it just looks a little odd with it on the inside, as from some angles you can still see it.

More
04 Sep 2020 19:01 #227733 by Barry silver SZ5
Replied by Barry silver SZ5 on topic OWL choices
Lucky you to have a jungle green latest model. Not available here in uk Would have been my choice by far. but pleased to have the silver one which came available after nearly a years wait.

More
04 Sep 2020 19:06 #227735 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic OWL choices
Hmm! Barry Green doesn't have the same ring to it ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

• Jimnyz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Sep 2020 10:58 #227758 by Jimnyz
Replied by Jimnyz on topic OWL choices
Thanks for all the advice. I have until Monday to decide. 300bhpton, yours looks awesome with owl.
Part of me enjoys the stealth of the green jimny and does Hankook deserve the free advertising?

Hmmm, decisions!!??

More
06 Sep 2020 22:40 #227855 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic OWL choices
When I was a young lad and had a motorbike all the cool dudes had Avon tyres, they had Avon in white, but the O was filled with red, it looked very cool to me. By the time I could afford a bike big enough to have Avon TT 100 tyres, the trend had passed and I never bothered, sort of missed out.

So fill your tyres with white and put them on the outside, make a statement, it will look great. May be I will do mine as well and since I still have the same motorbike after 35 years with Avon rubber, perhaps I will do those as well.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC, Jimnyz

• Jimnyz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Sep 2020 07:17 #227860 by Jimnyz
Replied by Jimnyz on topic OWL choices

Hi and thanks for the advice from you all. I chose to show the OWL. Looks great too.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds