BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Best Jimny accessory

More
28 Aug 2020 21:25 - 28 Aug 2020 21:26 #227469 by lightning
What's the best accessory you've fitted to your Jimny?

Ours being a Gen 4 there's not a vast amount available, but l love the retro "Suzuki" front grille that the first owner fitted.

After that l would have to say the rubber mat for the rear, as it makes it so much more useable without everything sliding around.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2020 21:26 by lightning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2020 21:32 #227470 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Best Jimny accessory
Escapegear seat covers - completely eliminated the static shocks that were driving me mad, tough as nails and look great. Best investment I've made.

More
28 Aug 2020 21:50 - 28 Aug 2020 22:12 #227471 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Best Jimny accessory
Are we allowed to remove items?
If so removing the rear seats and making it a permanent load area in our G3 is the best thing I have done to it.
Just in case it's fit only, running a close second is my LED light bar which lets me set up camp in daylight, even when it's dark.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 28 Aug 2020 22:12 by Scimike.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Aug 2020 03:34 #227473 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Best Jimny accessory
Best modification? Seats? Tyres? Load deck? Tow bar? Trailmaster dampers? It depends on what your criteria are for defining best. Everything I have done has served a practical purpose for working with Dreadnaught on the farm, even the Recaro seats as they stopped my back from aching. The fact that some of them combined make Dreadnaught a lovely car to drive is coincidence.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
29 Aug 2020 07:47 #227478 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Best Jimny accessory

Gadget wrote: Escapegear seat covers - completely eliminated the static shocks that were driving me mad, tough as nails and look great. Best investment I've made.

Since changing the tyres on mine I’ve not had any static shocks.

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Aug 2020 08:29 #227479 by GeorgeC
Replied by GeorgeC on topic Best Jimny accessory
For me it would be removing the after-market reversing camera and fitting The Genuine JA/EU/UK Reversing Camera with Guidelines, and it works well with the Sonar Beepers in the Bumper!

Next calling Suzuki Roadside Assist who called the RAC Man to re-start my Alternator! :woohoo:

More
29 Aug 2020 09:49 #227481 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Best Jimny accessory

Lambert wrote: Best modification? Seats? Tyres? Load deck? Tow bar? Trailmaster dampers? It depends on what your criteria are for defining best. Everything I have done has served a practical purpose for working with Dreadnaught on the farm, even the Recaro seats as they stopped my back from aching. The fact that some of them combined make Dreadnaught a lovely car to drive is coincidence.

Yes it's a tough call as they all have been fitted to provide a function. But if you had to do without one which would you miss the most?
My money is on your seats.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
29 Aug 2020 10:02 - 29 Aug 2020 10:04 #227482 by treps
Replied by treps on topic Best Jimny accessory
+1 for the escapegear seat covers. They not only look good but also make the seats much more comfortable. I also got their gear lever cover / pockets thingy. It adds useful storage without taking too much space. Expensive but excellent mod.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2020 10:04 by treps.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
29 Aug 2020 10:05 #227483 by Lambert
Sitting on the floor would certainly be uncomfortable but not being able to tow a trailer safely would make making money very difficult. I'd probably say that the tow bar is the one thing that more than any other has paid for itself most times over.

More
29 Aug 2020 10:07 #227484 by jackonlyjack

• Lambert
    Registered
More
29 Aug 2020 10:15 #227485 by Lambert
Go on explain what an inertia light is?

More
29 Aug 2020 10:39 #227486 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Best Jimny accessory
It's a ring RCT496 reverse light
Stuck to head liner with hook side of velcro glued to back side of the lamp
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds