BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

North Coast 500

• TillymintDLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Aug 2020 22:05 #226871 by TillymintDLG
Replied by TillymintDLG on topic North Coast 500
I've just seen my first ever Jimny towing a caravan!
Thank you for posting gilburton..Inspiring!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2020 08:11 #226883 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic North Coast 500
It's only a lightweight(750kg gross) but it tows fine.
On those longer motorway inclines where the gradient gradually increases it's lacking a little in the grunt dept. but,overall, it is no problem.
After all we can only do a max of 60 mph towing.

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TillymintDLG

More
18 Aug 2020 10:49 - 18 Aug 2020 10:52 #226895 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic North Coast 500
Just noticed you said you can get 250 mls to a tank?
I assume you have a gen4 so in that case you should have more than enough. Previous Jimnys were a lot lower than that.
The Tesco at Wick is by the airport so is handy for fuel and some food/meal. Not sure about the hours but imagine it would be the usual Tesco hours??
If topping up there or Thurso then you should have plenty to get you round to Ullapool but maybe at least a gallon in a can would be handy if you got stuck somewhere and it was cold so you could keep the heater going ??
You can get fuel until 8pm at Tesco just checked. Seems the cafe is closed due to covid at the moment.
The basic rule up there is top up often so when you get to half a tank start looking lol It's not that bad really it's just a case of being prepared.

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
Last edit: 18 Aug 2020 10:52 by gilburton.

• rock botulin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Aug 2020 14:36 #226907 by rock botulin
Replied by rock botulin on topic North Coast 500
Rogie falls, ardvreck castle and a gorge the name escapes me are also worth a look, very spectacular. Also theres some amazing beaches as well you would think you were in the carribean if the weathers nice. Achmelvic beach is one.

• rock botulin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Aug 2020 14:37 #226908 by rock botulin
Replied by rock botulin on topic North Coast 500
Rogie falls, ardvreck castle and a gorge the name escapes me are also worth a look, very spectacular. Also theres some amazing beaches as well you would think you were in the carribean if the weathers nice. Achmelvic beach is one. Oh and get a pie from lochinver larder.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds