BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Workshop manual for gen. 4

More
28 Jul 2020 13:50 #225785 by Roger Fairclough
I emailed Customer Services@Suzuki and asked them to confirm the part number, the format and ability to print pages as and when so that I could take them into the workshop when working on Tonka.

Based on there response I have ordered the DVD-PDF format for £120.89 with delivery 2-3 days.

Roger.

ps Whats happened to the little square to tick to be notified that a response has been received?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2020 14:10 #225786 by mlines

Roger Fairclough wrote: ps Whats happened to the little square to tick to be notified that a response has been received?

Microsoft services (Hotmail and outlook.com) have blacklisted emails from either my domain, IP address or Web Hosting service. Therefore I get literally 100's of rejected email messages every hour filling my inbox. I have engaged my web hosting service to "sort it out as I am legit" but until then I have disabled the "response" facility to save my sanity

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
28 Jul 2020 14:11 #225788 by Gadget

Roger Fairclough wrote: I emailed Customer Services@Suzuki and asked them to confirm the part number, the format and ability to print pages as and when so that I could take them into the workshop when working on Tonka.

Based on there response I have ordered the DVD-PDF format for £120.89 with delivery 2-3 days.

Roger.

ps Whats happened to the little square to tick to be notified that a response has been received?

Roger - did you order it direct from Suzuki, or via your dealer?

More
28 Jul 2020 15:51 #225791 by Roger Fairclough
Hi Gadget.

Dealer.

Roger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

More
24 Aug 2020 20:35 #227310 by Soeley

Roger Fairclough wrote: I emailed Customer Services@Suzuki and asked them to confirm the part number, the format and ability to print pages as and when so that I could take them into the workshop when working on Tonka.

Roger.

Roger, did the DVD arrive and does it meet your expectations?

More
24 Aug 2020 21:36 #227311 by Roger Fairclough
I ordered and paid for it on the 28th July with an expected delivery of 2-3 days. After 4 days I rang to be told it would have to come from Germany as there were no stocks in the UK and so 2-3 days became 10 from first order.I booked the car in for it's first and free service and queried delivery of the DVD to be told that there were no stocks in Germany and it had had to be ordered from Japan. I spoke to the spares manager and told him in no uncertain terms that I was annoyed that I had not been "kept in the loop".I reminded him that the item was paid for and 2 delivery dates had not been kept and he was clearly in breach of a business agreement. He was unhappy at this and promised to expedite matters and see that I was informed as soon as the DVD arrived.
The new new delivery date will be sometime in September, probably around the 10th and God help Suzuki if they are trying to pull a fast one!
I will let you know how it goes.

Roger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
24 Aug 2020 23:49 #227315 by Gadget
Sounds about right. I got in touch with a local dealer recently asking to buy a copy and they said it was out of stock in the UK.

More
10 Sep 2020 20:30 #228057 by Roger Fairclough
Update.
It's coming on a camel along the old silk road and should reach Germany on the 16th Sept.Then Dell boy will load it onto his Reliant and attempt to break the Land Speed record for a Reliant along the Autobahn.
Doesn't matter really if he does it, Viv and I will be on holiday doing 2mph!

Roger

More
13 Sep 2020 15:23 #228142 by Soeley

Gadget wrote: Someone in the UK purchased a DVD-based version from their Suzuki dealer. £120 -:part # 99560 - 78R00 - 018

Roger, is the the one you have ordered, must be only one version I'm thinking?

More
13 Sep 2020 18:40 - 13 Sep 2020 18:42 #228151 by Roger Fairclough
Yes Soeley, that's the one. Should arrive in Germany by he 16th Sept. and then in the UK by the time I get back from 2 weeks on a narrow boat. Only took about 2 months.
How did we win the war :laugh:
Roger
Last edit: 13 Sep 2020 18:42 by Roger Fairclough.

More
13 Sep 2020 19:34 #228152 by Soeley
Thanks for confirming, going to ring my dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

More
14 Sep 2020 08:59 #228179 by Soeley
I have just ordered one from my dealer £106.34, said he could even guess when it would arrive but will ring me when it does. I plan on my Jimny been a keeper so think it a worthwhile investment in the long run.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds