BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Anybody seen this Jimny?

More
21 Jul 2020 08:34 - 21 Jul 2020 08:36 #225420 by lightning
Looking to buy a Jimny SZ5 and l think the one l’ve found may have come from the UK press fleet.

Registration KV68 OLB

This Jimny drives really well, definitely better than the first one we test drove last year, and shows no signs of heavy off roading (although l guess it could have been cleaned up)
Fortunately it’s not the one Top Gear thrashed around, that was KV68 OLM and the Auto Trader one was KV68 OLP

Anybody seen KV68 OLB on a road test?
Last edit: 21 Jul 2020 08:36 by lightning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2020 08:53 - 21 Jul 2020 08:54 #225421 by Reason2doubt
Makes an appearance on a few videos however I think it is just a image someone took and it then got used as the thumbnail in a few places.

Makes an appearance here (from the rear) but can be assumed it was tested like the others:
www.cardesignnews.com/cars/driven-suzuki-jimny/26827.article

Here:
www.carjourno.co.uk/jimny/

Here:
www.autoexpress.co.uk/105630/suzuki-jimn...acia-duster-pictures

Ragged around a bit here I think:
www.carmagazine.co.uk/best/4x4/

Appears in this test fleet:
www.flickriver.com/photos/thegingerdaddy...s/72157675945586328/
Last edit: 21 Jul 2020 08:54 by Reason2doubt.

More
21 Jul 2020 10:45 - 21 Jul 2020 10:46 #225426 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Anybody seen this Jimny?
Thank you for the comprehensive reply! I guess it doesn’t matter that it’s had a bit of enthusiastic use, l had a Renault Kangoo van once and it was only the 1.2 petrol engine.
I drove it pretty much flat out for 100,000 miles (although it was very well maintained) and it never let me down.
I sold it to a friend at 104,000 miles and it finally succumbed to corrosion four years later by which time it had done 140,000
Mechanically it was still fine.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2020 10:46 by lightning.

More
21 Jul 2020 10:55 #225427 by Reason2doubt
I can't imagine any of the testing these different outlets put it through would be 'damaging', they always seem to be quite light. The test with the G-Wagon looks quite intense but its just a bit of mud at the end of the day.

A Jimny is far more robust I think so it shouldn't have left any lasting damage to it.

More
21 Jul 2020 11:04 #225428 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Anybody seen this Jimny?
KV 68 OLT was the press car we took over Gatescarth Pass & Parkamoor with the guys from Pistoheads....

sniper
Attachments:

More
21 Jul 2020 13:16 #225430 by lightning
The Car magazine test put it through its paces that’s for sure.
I imagine all the press fleet cars are now sold on to private buyers.
I wouldn’t like to end up with the Top Gear one as they raced theirs off road, but l can’t see any damage being done by a day at a muddy “pay and play” site.

There’s certainly no remnants of mud on the Jimny now, even underneath.

More
21 Jul 2020 15:10 - 21 Jul 2020 15:10 #225432 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Anybody seen this Jimny?
They were only used for, what they were built for. Our car picked up a bent radius arm mount that was hammered back in to place, no harm no foul...

sniper
Last edit: 21 Jul 2020 15:10 by sniper.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
21 Jul 2020 16:38 - 21 Jul 2020 16:38 #225433 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Anybody seen this Jimny?
Scroll forward to about 3 mins into this video and you can watch it tackling one of the harder rocky lanes in the lakes. As Sniper says, it picked up damage to the radius arm mounts on the chassis, but thats only minor stuff. We were all really surprised how well it did :-)

Being driven like it was intended would be a bonus to me. It'll all be nicely worked in by now and there should be some warranty for anything that occurs too. You can use the mild damage line as a bargaining tool maybe?

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Last edit: 21 Jul 2020 16:38 by Riccy.

More
23 Jul 2020 14:41 #225516 by OctaneJimny
I Saw this car at the UK premier of the Jimny by WhatCar Magazine where there was only about 10 of us. It was the first one in the UK. Really good day out and the Suzuki bloke Steve I think his name was nice enough to take us all out in it. Looked amazing in a Photo studio environment, It was very deceptive as well as it looked gigantic with the correct lighting. Soon as it drove outside into daylight it shrank into the size of a tin of beans haha. If anyone got the magazine. I'm the long haired oaf laid in the back of it trying to demonstrate how we would go comping in it. It wasn't very comfortable in a boiling hot studio!

I've attached a few photos that i took for your viewing pleasure.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

More
23 Jul 2020 15:50 - 23 Jul 2020 15:52 #225518 by lightning
This isn’t the yellow one l’m looking to buy, that had damage to the radius arm?
Guessing you are talking about the cream coloured one above and in the video.
Incidentally there’s a cream coloured one currently on sale for £20,500 ono from a private buyer, so they are not all £24,000+
And l’ve looked at a yellow one that’s been on sale at £22,000 at a dealer in Norfolk for weeks.
Sadly l can do nothing until the Land Rover sells.

We’ll get one sooner or later!
Last edit: 23 Jul 2020 15:52 by lightning.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds