BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Locking hub issue

• Skudd
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jul 2020 21:05 #224413 by Skudd
Locking hub issue was created by Skudd
Hi all, I'm new to jimnys and the forum.

I am having an issue with vacuum locking hubs and I'm in need of some advice, after alot of googling I can see that vacuum locking hubs are a very well discussed subject but I've read alot of it but I'm struggling to find an answer to my problem.

I have acquired a 2008 jimny that I got as an mot failure with the intention to sell on, after repairing the rust that failed the mot I turned to the none working 4wd.
This jimny has spent its whole life on the road so the electronic selector was sized solid so after a strip, clean and reassable it's good as new. I replaced the rotten vacuum pipes with some silicone hoses but the problem I'm having now is the hubs don't lock, the 4wd light is working as it should ie staying on solid but if I pull the pipe off the hub it flashes indicating a leak.
If I take the hubs off and put them in the locked position and put them back on they will stay locked in but when selecting 2wd only one hub unlocks and they will not lock again.
Is it common for the hubs themselves to become faulty?
Anyone have any ideas??
Tia

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Jul 2020 03:28 #224423 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Locking hub issue
Welcome to the forum. With the hubs removed use an air line to blow through the vacuum ports on the steering knuckles, they can become blocked if the original pipes have failed and let debris in.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds