BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

No braking force

• tlacee
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jun 2020 11:53 #224232 by tlacee
Replied by tlacee on topic No braking force
Thanks. We already did all that, no change

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jun 2020 12:41 #224234 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic No braking force
I would suspect the master cylinder (slow to bleed issues) or the load bias valve.
When replacing parts you must have total faith in the parts you're using. In the case of the load bias valve you could bypass it (temporarily) to be sure that's not at fault.
I wish you luck with this problem, I suspect the answer will be fairly simple when you find it. Chris

More
01 Jul 2020 20:49 #224361 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic No braking force
I'm thinking master cylinder. Do the Jimnys with ABS have load bias valves as the rear wheels don't lock up with ABS?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• tlacee
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jul 2020 21:17 - 01 Jul 2020 21:18 #224366 by tlacee
Yes, they have the load valves. We already changed that.
Today the Suzuki official workshop called to tell they have no clue whats wrong. So I dunno, really.
Flexi Pipes changed, valve changed, Abs pump tested, changed with a donor pump. Drums changed,main pump changed, calipers and cilinders checked, fluid changed... I will get a liter of gas and burn the car to ashes. ...
Last edit: 01 Jul 2020 21:18 by tlacee.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Jul 2020 03:26 #224373 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic No braking force
Then all it can be is an internal issue with one part of the hard line to the back, either a bad flare at a joint or something.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tlacee

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jul 2020 09:57 #224384 by CC Baxter
To me it keeps coming up master cylinder, don't forget dual circuit braking is estabIshed at that point. You tell tell us the front brakes are good so if the other side of the piston layout is faulty, there's your answer. A good handbrake (as it's not hydraulic) is barely relevant. You say "main pump changed" which I take to mean master cylinder. Changed to what? New part, reconditioned part or dodgy old second hand part? I say again you must be sure of any parts you fit or you will go around in a circle. Changing a master cylinder will never be a popular job as they can take a while to bleed properly. In the past I have back bled them using a motorcycle master cylinder and lever (that's pumping the fluid from the wheel end to the top) but of course requires a good selection of brake spares.
I can tell you are reaching desparation point as you feel you have tried everything.
You haven't, you've missed something. Good luck, Chris

• tlacee
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jul 2020 10:28 #224386 by tlacee
So gents. Thank you all for your input and suggestions. Finally the y solved the riddle: there is a part that links the brake pedal to the master cylinder. This seems to have been badly adjusted so the pedal was not pushing with enough force on the cylinder, meaning not enough pressure from the cylinder, and only distributed to the front wheels by the bias valve. The workshop adjusted the pedal action, now the pedal is practically acting on the last 2 cm high end, and the braking effect is perfect on both axles.
Weird stuff, nobody really understands why the former owner made adjustments there. But in an end, I completely and unwillingly renewed the whole brake system.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jul 2020 10:34 #224387 by CC Baxter
It's almost always something simple that gets missed, we've all done it. The parts you changed were probably all past it so think of it as a wise investment. Chris

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds