BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

9Its been a while, but i'm back! Ka-boom!!

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jun 2020 20:38 #223839 by Andy2640
Hi everyone, Apologies for the title, but i had to get you in here to see what ive beennup to recently.So last time i was here, I was about to fit the warn winch. Well a time has been tickin, and now it is fitted, along with some spanking new 16 inch wheels and tires. Ive also undercoated the chassis and hooked up my roofracks LED's. Oh and added a really cool medical kit and added a little first aid sticker in my window :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Here it is! Oh....and i hope you guys are all doing ok, missed ye all so i have have :) :) :)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2020 21:38 #223842 by Scimike
That looks so neat, I like the wheels and the winch install looks tidy on the front. Well done that man, nice.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Jun 2020 05:51 #223847 by Lambert
Agree that the wheels are very smart. Nice and subtle well done you.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
22 Jun 2020 08:11 #223852 by gv42
Ka-boom--Ka-boom --the - blue-Jimny-

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jun 2020 09:51 - 22 Jun 2020 10:16 #223858 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Its been a while, but i'm back! Ka-boom!!
Thanks guys! The winch has been a god send. Got myself stuck in some mud up the quarry last week. Used my new tree trunk protector, slapped on the extension strap and out i popped! Nice knowing that when on ye tod, i can attempt all sorts of routes, safe in the knowledge i can get myself out. Been looking into ground anchors for when theres no trees about. Brotpart do a gooden, but im not sure because i find them potentially dangerous. Held in by metal stakes, if one decided to ppp out at that force, god help anyone in the way. So gonna passs on that for now.Undercoated the jimmers with lanolin. I love lanolin, its natural lovely to work with, eco friendly non messy and gives the car a nice farm like whiff hahahhaha.On 16 inch wherls, ive noticed no difference, and off road its great. Not going for a lift yet, from what ive heard OME seem to do the most comprehensive kit, has excellent reviews and soeley loves his. Good enuff for ol soeley, its good enuff for this old sheep dog.Nice video the othrr day from the king himself (martin). That was an eye opener for sure!Anyways, lookin forward to the nxt jimny meet, cant wait for that one!Cheers.Edit: Some install pics and other tidbits.
TYRE PRESSURE GAUGE. Buy cheap by twoce in action here!! Buy once...cry once....buy cheap cheap...buy twice!! If there was ever a true statement!!

MEDI KIT BY EMERGENCY SURVIVAL SOLUTIONS. A must in a 4x4 or indeed any car.

Rust behind the hubs, lanolin applied. Used lanolin on everything! And applied in the chassis rails by a wand ans compressor. Lanolin is called prolan enduro heavy grade. Amazing stuff.
New toggle switch for winch activation. Works a charm, very happy with the warn set up, the power is astonashing!!

Winch installed. It was a very easy install, very sturdy, and quality of bracket was amazing.

Winch kit

Ready to be fitted
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Jun 2020 10:16 by Andy2640.

More
22 Jun 2020 19:08 #223876 by kirkynut
Looking good!

Where are you getting your Lanolin from and in what quantity please?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jun 2020 20:52 #223878 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic 9Its been a while, but i'm back! Ka-boom!!
Hi Kirkynut,

I bought the lanolin from the withamgroup.co. uk.

It aint cheap, i used 1.5 litres of the heavy grade doing the whole car, and i bought 1 litre for £55.00. So in my error i bought another load, in essence i had to buy it twice. So in short, 1.5litre does the jimmers nicely, and that every nook n cranny, in the chassis rails ...everywhere.

Best to go for the 5 litres and save it for the next 2 years applications, thats what i'll do next time.

5 litres is £150.00. A much better buy! By the way, the latest lanolin from prolan is called enduro. The witham group dont advertise it as this, but it is the latest enduro they send you, so no worries there.

I cant rate this stuff highly enuff!! Its lovely stuff.

More
22 Jun 2020 22:53 #223880 by kirkynut
Thank you for that Andy. Funnily enough I heard about it first from old Roothy on an Australian 4WD magazine DVD as I used to subscribe to it.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jun 2020 15:04 #223899 by Andy2640

kirkynut wrote: Thank you for that Andy. Funnily enough I heard about it first from old Roothy on an Australian 4WD magazine DVD as I used to subscribe to it.

Kirkynut

Lol, yeah i like old routhy, a straight decent fella. I like 4x4overlands videos too, Andrew st pierre white, he's a nice fella too. Ive been inspired so much by the South africans, Aussies, and the new zealanders. I know they are into serious overlanding and there kit is full on and large, it still inspired me to want to go further with my own jimmers.

Got some plans when this lockdown winds down, first is too cannock chase, then the lake district, then peak and then to the bigjimny meet. Will be nice to see people face to face again, its been very isolating this whole saga, im sure we all feel the same.

But yeah.... the lanolin is amazing stuff, its just a joy to work with. The benefits are so vast its a whopping list of pros as opposed to cons.

The lanolin graese is amazing stuff to, i use it in place of copper grease, proven to last up to 30 years under water in salt water too! Slapped it straight on my radious arm bolts.

Thanks to the sheep of this world i have prevented rust attacking my jimmers.

Cheers.

More
23 Jun 2020 15:22 #223900 by Scimike
Wool Fat - can we get it on bulk from Lambert? :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jun 2020 16:21 #223902 by Andy2640

Scimike wrote: Wool Fat - can we get it on bulk from Lambert? :laugh:

Now theres an idea!! What you say there chief?

More
23 Jun 2020 16:27 #223903 by Scimike
I wonder how many sheep you need in the press to make a ltr, must be a lot.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds