BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Want an aftermarket android unit with front camera and rearview camera output

• Kadar
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jun 2020 06:56 #223728 by Kadar
Hi everyone, I bought a second hand Suzuki JImny 2008 without the support of a front camera and rearview camera. I'd like to get the XTRONS IN70JMSL which is one of the car stereos with the support of this.
But the price is too expensive for me. Do you know a similar car stereo with the support of both front and rearview camera input?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2020 08:51 #223732 by kirkynut
I saw on ebay a rear view camera package with a screen that had a switch on it that was effectively a splitter to swap between. Now I know that you want to use the screen on a double din android head unit but as it appears that you have found, on general they only come with one AV input.

So my research led me to see if it was cheaper to buy a screen separately as my pre-facelift Gen 3 has a single din stereo and an av splitter to split the av feed to two different cameras with a 2 position switch to go on the dash that supplies a live to only one camera at a time.

I can't remember what was cheaper now but regardless, the av splitter and two position switch on the dash solution allows you to use a double din android head unit with only one av input for a camera and just toggle between which camera you want to view via the switch.

The cameras and av splitter are all on ebay. I deleted my watched items for them yesterday I'm afraid as I have decided not to worry about cameras for the moment but it's easy research for you.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
19 Jun 2020 11:48 - 19 Jun 2020 11:51 #223735 by HUN
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHi,

I've fitted these a few years ago:

www.amazon.co.uk/Pumpkin-Android-Navigat...n+double+din+android
(not available anymore - too old)

The result:

Only disadvantage of an Android head unit is the fact that it will become unusable after 4-5 years because of unsupported version of Android. It's like any tablet or smartphone... but otherwise it's a good upgrade! Important! Make sure that the head unit has the same size outer frame than the replacement cover!

I hope it helps.

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Jun 2020 11:51 by HUN.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds