BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Nudge bars for 2011 Jimny

• KateAH
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jun 2020 07:01 #223626 by KateAH
Nudge bars for 2011 Jimny was created by KateAH
Hello

I have a 2011 Jimny (Quasar Grey) which i love, best car I’ve ever had tbh. My husband has bought me a new set of nudge/bull bars for her for my birthday but now i am anxious they will affect the driving, I’m an anxious person anyway. Are bull/nudge bars safe for the cars structure/driving ability. They’re not on yet, they are for a Jimny of my vintage but i’m nervous... Am i being overly cautious.

Many thanks.

Kate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2020 07:23 #223627 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Nudge bars for 2011 Jimny
Hi Kate,
Its going to be difficult to comment without knowing fully the type and make of the nudge bar, but generally if it's designed to fit your vehicle and can be legally fitted in your country then it's unlikely to impact on the way the vehicle drives or it's structure.
Some bars are better designed for pedestrian / cyclist protection than others, these tend to be less bent metal pipe construction, instead rather more contoured and padded.
It's your Jimny and you can fit what you want and enjoy them, but its always wise to tell your insurance of the modifications.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KateAH

• KateAH
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jun 2020 07:44 #223629 by KateAH
Replied by KateAH on topic Nudge bars for 2011 Jimny
Thank you Mike, it is official Jimny and hub was getting it black powder coated. Maybe i’ll wait till i see it and then decide. I appreciate your reply. I love my car and don’t want to mess it about but hub wanted to get me something nice for my birthday... gawd. Kate.

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Jun 2020 11:46 #223634 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Nudge bars for 2011 Jimny
Your biggest concern is going to be the legality of such a thing in your country, as mentioned above. Assuming it is legal such frontal protection is designed to limit the consequences of a catastrophic impact between your car and a large mammal like a deer or kangaroo. In such a situation your car is going to suffer damage. What the bar hopes to achieve is that you are still able to drive the vehicle after the impact because believe me that hitting a deer will write off a normal car..

That said if it is a vehicle specific design fitting it should be completely reversible without any alteration to the vehicle.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
27 Jun 2020 02:53 #224047 by Rabid Rhino
Is it back from powder coating ? Photos ?

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds